Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Curtis Am7 or Stanton Slackline Next Gen???
  • jwdunster

As Above what are peoples thoughts, i have a YT Capra CF Pro Race si thinking all the kit would make an awesome hard tail and want to stay uk company if possible. Any thoughts or comments would be great thanks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well the Curtis is bloody lovely and gives you the choice of exactly the bike you want.

Stanton are well received mind and you could have a nice few days away putting it to use with the change from the Curtis.

Money no object personally I’d take the Curtis without doubt, but that’s more “ohhhh lurverly” than any sort of considered opinionin both.

qwerty
    Free Member

Money no object & keeping it UK…. Ted James in titanium!

kayla1
    Free Member

That Curtis is lovely but shit a brick it’s spendy.

jwdunster

Its so Hard! My head says Stanton mainly due to price but also i do like the sound of what Dan Stanton is trying to achieve. The Curtis is just so nice and i spoke to the guys there and they also seem really sound. Curtis frankly has to be in clear coat which makes a hell of a difference cost wise. Mt heart says Curtis a bit like owning a Alfa Romeo if your into cars but with no dodgy electrics

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That Curtis is lovely but shit a brick it’s spendy

I think much the same when i look at the “bulk” (arguably low volume but still very much a “standard” non custom) produced stanton at 700, +150 for a different paint job. 850 for a non custom steel hardtail feels very pricey, even if it is awesome and cheap in comparison to a custom job.

(I should clarify before i get lynched, I’m not saying it’s a bad price for the stanton just that, for what it is, it’s far from a low or even moderate price)

pickle
    Free Member

I can’t speak for the Curtis but my next gen Slackline rides so well and the guys at Stanton are second to none for customer service.

Go for a standard colour and you’re saving a fair amount of dosh over the Curtis.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

BTR Fabrications 🙂

sprocker
    Free Member

Beat me to it BTR ranger

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Like Pickle I can’t compare to the Curtis but my Slackline is a joy to ride.A big plus is it has got great mud clearance,which makes riding through UK winters easier . You can get the frame I have for £560 at the mo from Stanton-If they have your size left.

Slackline

sb
    Free Member

I had an AM7 up until last year, only selling it as at 48 my back wasn’t agreeing with a hardtail anymore…all I can say is it will be a bike for life, especially as it will be built just for you. I felt like a rock star most rides 😁 The last time I rode it was at Rogate and it got so many friendly comments, of course it was the clear coat finish! That brazing cannot possibly be hidden under paint!!
    I miss it enough to be considering one of their XR650 frames now…

I’m sure you’ve seen it but if not…

Review: Curtis AM7 – Not just a pretty face, pretty fast too.

mrsi
    Free Member

Doesn’t answer the question but +1 For Ted James. Lovely frames and a top bloke to boot. More on topic, my next gen slackline was the most ‘springy’ steel frame I’ve owned (various cotics on ones and other Stantons). The curtis is a lovely looking thing but i doubt it rides any better.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have a next gen Slackline, at two years old it’s the longest I’ve kept a frame for. Rides beautifully and quality is fantastic.

I want a BTR Ranger and hope it will be my next frame, though am sure it won’t be as comfortable.

dumbbot
    Free Member

For the money you are talking about for the Curtis you could have a full custom frame from Adrian at Swarf. He’s a top lad and his bikes are lovely.

https://www.instagram.com/swarfcycles/

Hard to beat the bang for buck if you can get one of the Taiwanese painted Stanton’s.

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can get the frame I have for £560 at the mo from Stanton-If they have your size left.

I looked on the Stanton site, what’s the difference between the sale frames and the ones marked ‘UK’?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Stanton have recently switched their production from Taiwan to the UK so the sales bikes are stock they have left from Taiwan.I pretty sure that’s the only difference.

kayla1
    Free Member

I think the ‘UK’ hardtails are only painted over here, they’re still (possibly) made in Taiwan. From their website-

“All Frames are UK painted, right at Stanton HQ. ”

No mention of them being built in the UK. Made in Taiwan’s no bad thing though, my mk1 Switchback is lovely.

jamj1974

The UK hardtails are built in the UK. Hence the new ‘entry-level’ Stanton’s being launched.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Don’t know about the Slackline but the Switch9er just got a good review on Enduro MTB

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/best-hardcore-hardtail/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Curtis Am7 or Stanton Slackline Next Gen???’ is closed to new replies.