Current conditions – Kentmere/Nan Beild/Haweswater etc

Home Forum Bike Forum Current conditions – Kentmere/Nan Beild/Haweswater etc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Current conditions – Kentmere/Nan Beild/Haweswater etc
  • wilde86

Hopefully heading to the lakes tomorrow with the above in mind for a ride. Anyone ridden it the last few days can let me know the current conditions? Any onf it rideable? Cheers.

B.A.Nana

you’ll have no issues with kentmere, we were there on tues and it was all clear. we went up garburn pass

excitable1

That’s got my attention. I was thinking of heading into Wales but if the Nan Beild is clear then I’ll head up there on Monday.

B.A.Nana

I meant Kentmere Village is clear, not Nan Bield, that looked all snowed up from a distance. People had been riding over garburn pass tho, but that’s much lower.

wilde86

Cheers for the heads up. Will give it a shot tomorrow and post here if its not worth the drive for anyone else.

stufive

You could give the guys at Wheelbase a bell im sure they would be able to tell ya

liquid

Nan Bield descent is covered in snow for it’s totality – it has a different aspect to Garburn

wilde86

So we decided to park at Haweswater, hike-a-bike up Nan beild and descend into Kentmere. The path was totally snowed over but following footprints was enough to give us some direction. The snow was pretty deep, but a whole lotta fun..pretty stop-start. Gatesgarth climb was easier with much less snow until you reach the top, and the descent was similar to the first. All in all, worth going if you fancy a snow ride.. dont expect any record breaking times though. My mate was on a fat bike too which did a much better job on the slopes than my hi rollers!

Premier Icon SimonR
    Subscriber

Did a great ride on Monday on the lower trails around Kentmere – largely dry and quick trails with very little snow. Big bright shiny thing in the sky too 🙂

Looked very snowy up towards Nan Bield …..

P4011353 by Simon_R, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Current conditions – Kentmere/Nan Beild/Haweswater etc’ is closed to new replies.