• This topic has 107 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ethan-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Current best online dating sites
  • strike
    Free Member

Back in the ‘game’ after almost a year out….**groan**

What’s everyone’s views on the best sites out there right now ie for finding a serious relationship? Have returned to POF and Tinder but POF seems quite flat right now and I have VERY mixed views on Tinder!

DezB
    Free Member

They’re all the same.
    PoF has a bigger subscription cos it’s free, so you get a wider choice. But the women are as nuts on there as they are on Match, Tinder, eHarmony… 😆

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As a middle-class veggie leftie liberal, I had some success on the Guardian. But this was nine years ago, so I’m a little out of touch.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Is there one with a Louise filter option, that’ll be the best one 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

PoF is dreadful.

OKCupid is good IMO. Been years since I paid for any!

grum
    Free Member

Happn app is a bit stalkery in the way it works but has quite a high calibre of people on there compared to tinder. PoF is awful/depressing as above.

nickc

Used match.com and guardian soul mates. Match only works if you turn down your self esteem setting. Guardian was really good, lots of normal women looking for normal blokes, recommended

drlex
    Free Member

Despite the name reminding me of David Lloyd, I’m told by female friends that bumble is good.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m on all of them I’ll let you know which one is best once I’ve actually been on a date

zilog6128

Only used POF, found it great tbh. Had lots of nice dates, currently in a relationship from one of them. Didn’t meet any mentals – I guess it’s down to your profile/messages what sort of women you attract or can sort a date with!

Cougar

Been years since I paid for any!

😯

Oh, dating sites, right.

grum
    Free Member

TBF to PoF I think with any of them – unless you’re in/near a reasonably populous urban area: good luck!

I guess it’s down to your profile/messages what sort of women you attract or can sort a date with!

Also depends how fussy you are 😛

DezB
    Free Member

Been off the ahem, market for a while now, with someone met on PoF. Had a few dates from Match, a few from Pof, a couple off Tinder. Which app they were from made no difference whatsoever. I had more dates off PoF, so how it can be more “dreadful” than the others, I’m not sure…

grum
    Free Member

I just look at the feed of potential candidates on PoF and want to slit my wrists. I experience this with all of them to varying degrees but PoF seemed the worst. Maybe depends where you live.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I am way out of touch with this stuff.

WTF is PoF?

zilog6128

I just look at the feed of potential candidates on PoF and want to slit my wrists.

So have you actually asked any of them out or are you just assuming?! Lots of people don’t come across well on their profiles!

Cougar

WTF is PoF?

Plenty of Fish.

Apparently full of women who are toxic and poissonous.

alexxx
    Free Member

Far too geographical! Tinder in Queenstown… epic. Tinder in Cumbria… pathetic. I’d try mumsnet if you’re after a well rounded loony who can forum dwell at the same time as you’re on STW 😛

IHN

I met MrsIHN on eHarmony.

Whether I’d recommend it is another matter 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve ventured back onto Tinder and the only woman I’ve matched with is an ex-girlfriend. Although it looks like I may well get some bedroom gymnastics with her “for old times sake” so it’s not all bad.

Tom-B
    Free Member

My 2015 was essentially a tour of dating sites, and crazy in general (met my ex at 16, and were together for 12 years, so had limited experience of dating!)

Safe to say I ‘played the field’ a lot. Met two or three mentalists via Tinder….couple via PoF….met a fair few really nicd girls though too. Met one absolute psycho that I ended getting a restraining order against and she was sectioned last summer I believe….met her in the pub though!!

Just over a year ago, after a few months break, I downloaded Tinder again ‘for a laugh’….had dates with a few girls, and went on a date with a girl on a Thursday just because I’d got nothing planned….we hadn’t even messaged much prior. Fast forward to now, we live together and just got back from a month traveling in Nepal. Life has literally never been better. So yeah, you have to take the rough with the smooth, I think that it’s great though. Lots of our friends are in relationships that started on Tinder!

GolfChick
    Free Member

I got on fine with POF but I guess I have a different perspective being female in that I didn’t have to do much work/effort. Yes some people are on there just to get free meals and sleep about but you’ll get genuine people like me who go on their to find a relationship. My male friend uses PoF currently to try to find a relationship and has had a few genuine dates and nobody just sleeping about. It’s all about your approach and the people you talk to I guess.

As an aside note that I like to tell everyone, I had one chap start talking to me about how he enjoyed cycling and his bike was really fairly ‘decent’. Even though I wasn’t really interested I carried on the conversation and asked about his bike and where he went cycling. Turned out it was a £50 bike from decathlon….. yeahhhh really decent!

SaxonRider

Apparently full of women who are toxic and poissonous.

😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

poissonous

Ouch!

DezB
    Free Member

I just look at the feed of potential candidates on PoF

I was amused recently to see the list of candidates had hardly changed from 2 years ago. (And how long they’d been on there before that, gawd knows).

Torminalis
    Free Member

I met a girl from Tinder on Monday. Within minutes of meeting she had told me that she was a psychopath, but because she was self aware this made her a special sort of Psycho-Spiritual Warrior. She was quite unrepentant about the prospect of “crushing her enemies”.

She could also travel to other dimensions in her dreams. The date lasted 11 minutes. Be careful out there!

MrSmith
    Free Member

i’m surprised at how long some people spend on these sites? i was on Guardian Soulmates for less than 2 weeks and now with my other half for 2 years.

that swiping tinder thing must get really depressing, i didn’t meet any nutters but i guess that would have changed if i had hung around on the shelf longer.

i do think that paying for a subscription does weed out some of the freeloaders and predators, i guess it depends if you are looking for a bunk-up or a life partner.

Cougar

She could also travel to other dimensions in her dreams. The date lasted 11 minutes.

Maybe you just think it did?

DezB
    Free Member

Tinder’s weird – Before using it I thought it was millions of women desparate for “fun” (as SEX is called in the online dating world).
    Nearly every woman I looked at said “Not out for fun or hook ups”.
    So they were serious about finding a relationship.
    So you contact your matches and after a few messages they just disappear.
    Had a date off it and it was the most boring hour of my life (and she looked 10 years older than her pic)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Just remember if thr suggestion of netflix and chill is made.

DONT turn up in yer jimjams with a packet of popcorn and your dirty dancing dvd.

I met a girl on tinder she now lives with me now and its great.

The mad feminist rollerderby girl was a bit much for me.

DezB
    Free Member

And what is joshvegas’s suggested wearing, snacking and viewing for such an occasion? 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

Actually dirty danc8ng is probably nit a bad shout.

Clithing wise. Wear a rubber.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Guardian and Times worked for me

DezB
    Free Member

joshvegas –
    Actually dirty danc8ng is probably nit a bad shout.

Clithing wise. Wear a rubber.

Looks like someone is typing one handed…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m starting to think it might be easier to talk to people in real life.

grum
    Free Member

Pretend to be celibate for ‘spiritual’ reasons – that’s gonna be my approach.

The conclusion I’ve come to is that no-one is single in their 30s unless they’re mental/emotionally damaged or desperate. Not excluding myself from that assessment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My experience of PoF was 90% swampmonsters who would message “hi” or if I was lucky something resembling a sentence.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

FITNESS SINGLES..

clues in the name.

ps you need to be fit.

It’s where i met my lady, was only on about two weeks.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Currently married to a woman I met on Match, and tomorrow going out on my 3rd date with another woman off Match. Livin’ the dream.

Or, rather, I never learn.

joshvegas
    Free Member

In all seriousness though I’d say tinder.

You can only message if you both say yes so atleast it saves wasted effort.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Current best online dating sites’ is closed to new replies.