• This topic has 35 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by qwerty.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Curious about the Lanshan 1Pro tent?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone got one?
    Pros and cons.
    Looks good, YouTube reviews look favorable is it in reality?

donald
    Free Member
    fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I went with the pro2 tent fudge, it’s impressive for the money, and not much heavier than the 1. Mainly cos the wife is threatening to summit camp too!.

Planning on getting a SMD lunar solo too.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’m in the solo camp wife definitely loves her home comfort

firestarter
    Free Member

I went with the non pro as it has separate inner and outer and that way I can just take the outer if I fancy and I do like double skin better than single tbh despite slightly less space, unfortunately other than garden pitches ive not managed to use the bloody thing with covid, looks ace for the money though

fudge9202
    Free Member

Dint know they did a double skin, would eliminate more condensation. Have you a link

fudge9202
    Free Member

@firestarter what’s the length like with mat and sleeping bag in it. I’m 5’9” as a reference?

firestarter
    Free Member

It was ok with my stuff in and im your height the bag touched the inner a bit at my feet but not enough for it to be a worry as its double skin

jonnybike
    Free Member

I have the flame creed which i think is the same?

Anyway I have only used it once on the first bikepacking trip I did. It was freezing cold, extremely windy and chucking it down for 3 days and it stayed up, warm and dry.

I would call that a success plus it packs down to virtually nothing, weighs about the same as a bivvy bag and is extremely easy to put up and take down once you get the hang of it.

I did go round and seal some of the stitching before i used it because i heard they stitched through the fabric which made it no longer waterproof on the reinforcement bits.

fudge9202
    Free Member

That’s definitely a success to last 3 days in that weather!

wzzzz
    Free Member

This is interesting he has pretty thoroughly tested a bunch of tents. See more detailed links in the description.

Theres the oex, a cango the naturehike star river 2 , cloud up 2 and lanshan 2.

hard to find decent reviews on youtube, most seem to have been given tents to try and are just walk rounds.

Think I’m going for a cloudup2 or 1 as you don’t need to buy extra poles.

What poles are people using on the lanshans when on the bike?

jonnybike
    Free Member

I bought an aluminium one from decathlon can’t remember exactly which one but got a fairly thick one and got the smallest segments they did. Had to cut one of the poles slightly shorter to make it the right length but works great.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My walking poles are carbon Z poles, weigh 200g and fold down tiny, I’ll just use one of those for the SMD Lunar, clipped onto outside of my pack.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve got one from stu at bearbones

fudge9202
    Free Member

Yes great video, looks like a lanshan for me and some poles off Stu on bearbones 👍

anagallis_arvensis

I have a lanshan tepee style tent, not used it yet though, got it for xmas. Got pole from here along with some tyvek to use as a ground sheet. Tent can go up as a single out tarp style or with an inner, bought to use for 2 man trips, should do 3 small ones too.

https://ebay.co.uk/usr/ablain0

matt_outandabout

hard to find decent reviews on youtube, most seem to have been given tents to try and are just walk rounds.

This is true. Many reviews are a first pitch and one night, and/or in warmer climes.

Anyone got a link to someone who has spent a good few nights in one of these things and is able to compare to other tents/shelters over a period of time rather than a one-off?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Robin (walk with wallace) uses a SMD Lunar and MLD trailstar, his wee buddy who summit camps with him uses the lanshan, well tested

Andrew Park has a tent comparison website and seems to have a new tent every week!

scotroutes

There’s a few long term Lanshan owners on Bearbones. Might be worth asking over there.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Found this pole for the lanshan 81g £24

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918962406.html

oliverracing

Wont add too much as most people have covered it – got one, it’s great. Only used a few times, but harshest was a few days in the lakes and as long as it’s pitched properly it is as good as you’ll get for a sub kg tent.

We had -3degC, biblical rain and 50mph wind and while it did collapse on the first night that was 100% pitching error – I put it up at 11:30pm in the dark on a gravel carpark and only put the pegs a few cm in – which all pulled out as it softened when where I was pitching ended up being a river. But I still stayed dry!

When windy definitely worth pitching feet into the wind as then the door seems to work best and it doesn’t inflate when you open it, when cold I pitch it a little lower (adjustable pole) to reduce the draft through but this means you end up with a fair bit of condensation – which I was pleasantly surprised that it ran down the material and not onto me.

wzzzz
    Free Member

think the prices have gone up. digging around bearbones peoplae have paid 45-70 for lanshan 1, now cheapest I see is around 90-100 on aliexpress

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I bought one of those over the weekend – fingers crossed it arrives as I’ve had no confirmatory emails or anything, although it is marked as dispatched. Need to look at poles.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Ah the Flames Creed version is about 150g heavier than the pro as it has 15D fly material (5000mm) vs 20D (2000mm) which also means you need to seam seal the pro yourself.

As far as I can tell there was an earlier 1 layer version that didn’t have a separate inner.

Theres also a bunch of heavier copies on aliexpress for about £40, quality unknown.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I bought one of those over the weekend – fingers crossed it arrives

I was the same, was 10 days from order til it arrived, good going to be fair.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Ah the Flames Creed version is about 150g heavier than the pro as it has 15D fly material (5000mm) vs 20D (2000mm) which also means you need to seam seal the pro yourself.

Yeah, I went for slightly more weatherproof over light weight.

I was the same, was 10 days from order til it arrived, good going to be fair.

Good to hear.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s the one I went for too Hamish. Still to seam seal it yet, stuff is there, but not had a chance to put it up in dry weather, or frozen grass!.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Have you bought a pole for it or are you assuming you’ll use it with a walking pole?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of carbon z poles that I walk with, I’ll use those.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lanshan 1 incoming from FB marketplace. Its grey not green so not so stealth but cheap enough.

Just a pole to sort out and the weather to warm up. I see go outdoors has a pair of poles for £30 that are 205g each, could strip them down to drop a bit (handle etc).

damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

Thread resurrection

How are people getting on with their Lashan tents?

My friends just bought one and hes shaved 750g off his kit. Its got me thinking of one too.

Which one do you have the single skin pro or the double skin xl?

Anyone have a link to a good price for one or have one to sell? 😉

Thanks

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve a double skin Flames Creek with carbon pole, only used for fair weather camps that would probably suit a bivy bag but it keeps any bugs off. I really like it. Can be used outer only like a tarp or with the inner too. I like the air flow from under the outer, seems less claustrophobic. Mines brown so quite low profile when wild camping. I brought some different pegs to use with it.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.