Cuckoo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cuckoo
  • Dibbs

I heard my first cuckoo of the year while walking the dog on the Quantocks (Lydeard Hill) this morning. Summer’s on it’s way 🙂
    (probably at least 3 weeks later than last year).

petergee

Good news. No cuckoos round our way yet but plenty of woodpecker activity. It’s surely on it’s way…a long time coming.

Not heard a Cuckoo yet but heard a ‘pecker’ tapping away the other morning. I was on nights last week & while on my rounds & could hear about 5 different Owl hoots together but coming from different directions, must have been having a chat with each other.

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Heard my first cuckoo yesterday too. I actually spotted one in the Quantocks last year – near(ish) the Halsway post. Thought it was a pigeon sat in a tree until it called.

Woodpeckers been on the go for a few weeks round my bit, Ochils, no cuckoo yet.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

Was half expecting first cuckoo at the weekend, but didn’t hear any. Maybe this weekend. edit: don’t remember the exact date last year, but I’m sure they’re later this year.

Woodpeckers have been about for a few weeks. Saw 2 Black Woodpeckers 2 weekends ago (or was it 3?). They are big.

Swifts are probably almost imminent too (usually about 1st week in May).

Woodpeckers been hammering away round here for a week or two, no cuckoo yet but they are a bit rare in this area.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

First cockchafer (stop sniggering) of the year today. Dumb creatures they are, and fly straight at your face when riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cuckoo’ is closed to new replies.