Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cuckoo rock, dartmoor.
  • jam-bo

Anything worth riding around there? Just did a loop round burrator and area and wondered whether its worth an explore that way?

carlphillips
    Free Member

not much but there is a bit of double track that leads out that way from burrator cp and just as you go past/below cuckoo rock you get to where potato cave is… take a right over the stream (it forks shown on the map) and there is some singletrack to be had that’ll take you back towards burrator, not really ridden by anyone so follow your nose a bit but roughly follows the stream…

also bits and bobs mostly sheep tracks that link the tors etc one singletrack goes from cuckoo rock itself back to burrator , its fairly well worn in as most walkers/boulderers use it to get to the area around cuckoo rock but it circumnavigates ‘down tor’ pretty much through the settlement.

always good for add ons but not worth the travel for it specifically.

edit, you could ride out on singlybob below down tor then back following stream as a 20 minute detour…

crispybacon
    Free Member

Mini hyjack – apologies. Jam bo i rode the TV mast descent last night & i see what you mean about the drainage work done up there. Thanks for the tip about the line of granite stones part way down as i would have been ripping down there without your warning & might have had another faceplant. It was v.misty at the top last night & the mast was barely visable even from the trig point.

jam-bo

Opted against the old railway last night and climbed out nattor way to nuns cross and back down widowmaker.

I’ve figured how to ride that fast now. Off the brakes, four finger deathgrip on the bars. Float…

crispybacon
    Free Member

We went down the widowmaker, devonport leat, hidden valley & tv mast. It was misty but the trails were ok.

Lol – i might try & ‘float’ down the hill next time too !

justinbieber

Dunno about riding, but I remember camping there years and years ago. Every easter a bunch of mates and I would turn up, build a fire and drink beer into the wee small hours. Lots of fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cuckoo rock, dartmoor.’ is closed to new replies.