Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cube Van with NL Plates in North Wales
  • robgude

Just been popped down to Llanrwst (near Marin/Gwydir) and there was a large panel van with Cube branding all over it outside the chip shop. Dutch plates. They are definitely not local! How did they get here? The Welsh Senedd have us in lockdown, no travel to exercise, no one allowed from England for exercise. Is there something I’m missing?

Yak

Probably plenty of team vans here/ based here anyway that are now just stuck here for the foreseeable until racing is back on.

welshfarmer

I live in Wales. I drove a car and a van on German plates here for a good 12 months after I returned from Germany. I didn’t have any bike specific stickers on my van though so maybe that was OK?

spooky_b329

How do you know when it came to the UK?

robgude

If that was the case I would have seen them before

kahl
    Free Member

How did they get here?

Hmm, a mystery indeed…

a large panel van

Oh wait, mystery solved.

Are you another one of these singletrack racists? Keeping tabs on all the foreigners coming over here eating our chips.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Did they put mayonnaise on the chips?

Also, lockdown is over – noone is taking it seriously any more.

simondbarnes

Is there something I’m missing?

Maybe they were working?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I wonder if the French are getting similarly frothy at my parents and their GB plate van being parked up outside their only house in the middle of France.

Long as our Dutch cube friends were not sleeping in it….that’s another trigger point on here.

#anti-vanists

eddiebaby
    Free Member

D2bymjaWsAAWsUT

reluctantjumper

There’s a van on my estate with Austrian plates on it. Have they broken the rules?

Nope. They’re a British couple who live over there most of the time but have a place over here they rent out. The house was empty and they were over here decorating it when it all kicked off so have stayed here. They have a seasonal business back in Austria that is closed until the summer, seeing as there’s no tourists there they’ve stayed put while their staff look after things there.

Foreign plates =/= foreigners in a lot of cases.

CountZero

Friend of mine has a hotel/restaurant/tea-room business not too far from me, but around the time she first got the business going she also sold antiques in London and had a place in France where she sourced her antiques, she had a Renault Twingo with French plates which she drove over here for ages before finally replacing it, so any car with foreign plates could have all sorts of legit reasons for being over here – it’s highly unlikely they managed to sneak aboard a ferry or Eurostar without anyone noticing, don’t you think?

bob_summers

I’m planning a mission up to the north before Patel’s quarantine comes into force. Not a pleasure trip but rather necessary. Spanish plates. Fully expect a bit of a passive aggressive welcome from the neighbours as is their way. They’re welcome to their little corner of Dogshit island, I shan’t darken their doors again.

brownsauce
    Free Member

The OP is just the internet equivolent of basic curtain twitchery from the neighbours.

Im sure something new to complain about will come along tomorrow.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Has certainly brought out the drama queens/mental cases this lockdown.

They would be better suited to twitter where they can get back-slapped and high-fived by the other inciters. They do all the work for right-wing agendas by pissing everybody off! Constantly fishing for beef and outrage, from their lofty pedestal. The self-appointed Prophets and social police with pathetic holier-than-thou attitudes.

Let them carry on pissing in their own shoes!

It’s brought out the hyphen in me 😀

epicyclo

Maybe it’s Dominic Cummings in disguise?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Nah most are tedious puffed up bantams who use internet kinship to make themselves feel big.

whytetrash

I’ve seen it a few times around Betws over last month or so…. hard to miss as I’m riding because they flash their lights and wave a lot! Not sure what they’re doing though sorry!

csb

Isn’t the Welsh way to burn foreign owned things down?

FB-ATB

Only if they’re owned by the English!

alanl
    Free Member

Some of the parochial messages from areas/towns/villages are depressing.
    The last weekend before lockdown, some friends from North Wales had put a call out, ‘does anyone want to meet up at 9am on Saturday morning in Llangollen?’
    Her husband and Son went, met up with a few others, did their activity, put it on FB etc.
    All at the same time as his wife was putting posts on FB saying we dont want any ‘outsiders’ in our area, with her husband 50 miles away in Llangollen!

When I pointed out that delivery drivers/hospital staff/utilities/transport staff would all need to get to their area, she went quiet. If they want a lockdown, then maybe block the streets so no-one can get in?
    Or be 2 faced, and accept some people in, if it suits the residents.

lucien

@chestercopperpot “It’s brought out the hyphen in me 😀”

Does that make you a “virgin”, again…….

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is Dan Evans doing a Cube sponsered, lockdown-breaking, cycling effort? 😉

fingerbang
    Free Member

How did they get here?

Hmm, a mystery indeed…

a large panel van

Oh wait, mystery solved.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cube Van with NL Plates in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.