Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cube Stereo 2018….any experience?
  • garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

Hi there.

Has anyone ridden the new Stereo 140 HPC yet? I am 6’2 and wondering if L or XL would be best fit. It’ll replace 2017 model which is short hence I opted for XL frame, but the new ones have updated geometry.

Cheers, g

ta11pau1

There’s no stock anywhere yet, due in around April it seems so expect some reviews then.

The £3500 TM model is high on my list and at 6ft 3in I’d be going for the XL size, it’s not overly long at 478 reach, 1217 wheelbase, I’ve ridden longer and they didn’t feel too big (490 reach/1250 wheelbase).

garryfmacdonald
    Free Member

Thanks v much. Hopefully April will come around earlier than expected!

I will be on the Race version.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Borrowed an Stereo HPA 140 last year. Model year 2016? 20 inch frame and I’am a 6 ft biker. Was perfect. Fun and fast and playful. Loved it.

Based on that I bought a 20 inch Stereo HPA 150 27.5+ frame in winter sale this year. Model year 2017. No idea how this bike will “fit” so…have to put it together / buy parts…

Aluminium frame quality: manufacturing is top notch. Really top tevel.

No idea what Cube recommends – but – for quite over 6 ft – sounds indeed that you might need a size larger.

My Bossnut V2 is 19.5 inch frame. Perfect as well. 19 … 20 inch normally is “my frame size”. Hope the 20 inch is right for the HPA 150 frame as well. Will see.

2018 model year? Spec looks great. No idea of the frame sizes so…. The complete bikes are not really my budget range – but looks like Cube is able to compete with the Stereo Carbon bikes with direct sales brands. Which is quite a surprise.

rOcKeTdOg

Got a 2017 20″ currently in the sale at work, I’m 6ft2 and wouldn’t want a smaller one

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought the 160 TM. Great spec for the money.

r.e. the sizing – ignore the cube frame numbers (16, 18, 20, 22). They do not match the actual frame size. The 20, for example is actually an 18.5″ frame.

if you go by the geometry charts that’s a far better way of getting the size right but do bear in mind standover isn’t amazing.

for reference though, i am 5’9″ and have the 20 frame which fits me (or my riding style) fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo 2018….any experience?’ is closed to new replies.