Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cube mountain bikes
  • rich_tee
    Free Member

I’m in the process of buying a second hand Cube 520 mountain bike. Anyone any experience of them – I’m not sure they are widely available in UK, but this one suits my current needs
    Cheers
    Rich

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DangerousBeans on here rides a cube, as does JoJo, AFAIK, they both rate them highly…

Don’t think they are that model, but they might be able to give you a heads up?

jojoA1
    Free Member

They seem to be getting quite popular in the circles I move in. I’ve just bought the LTD Race, and at the Scottish Cross Country round at Laggan yesterday I saw at least 6 other Cube bikes of different models. Two other accquaintances had bought Cubes before I got mine. The Bike Chain in Edinburgh stock them, Square Wheels in Strathpeffer used to be the UK distributor I believe.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Cube bikes look pretty cool to me. Seen a couple of reviews that were positive. I believe my mate in Japan has a hybrid road commuter version that came with hydraulic brakes as standard. Lovely machine and cheap compared to here.

rich_tee
    Free Member

spec seems reasonable enough – disc brakes, front suspension, gears a bit entry level but should do the job. I just havent seen many around
    thanks all

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ve just got one of the womens’ specifc hard tails and it’s ace! Good top end spec as well, really nice to ride and super light! I know my WLS won’t help you but they look ace and aren’t very common. Until recently UK companies struggled to get their hands on them from Germany but now they are becoming more widely available.

redthunder
    Free Member

Dont know about the 520. But my GF has a Cube Access WLS and it’s been great. Good value, tons of tidy kit… Rated 🙂

My next HT will possibly be a Cube.

PS If your in Bristol… talk to Damon at ZeroG

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

They’re growing in popularity in the Stoke area. Good spec for the money.

barca
    Free Member

I also have the Ltd Race. It’s excellent! Top tube is quite short though so watch the sizing.

UK-FLATLANDER

My LBS stocks them and I must say they seem to be well made and very well speced for the money.

epicyclo

Get them here – http://www.cubecycles.co.uk/ – from Square Wheels

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Don’t buy them, they’re rubbish. Me, my family and my friends ride them and we all want to get some real bikes soon. Please don’t buy one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cube mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.