Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cube LTD – any reason not to?
  • rj2dj
    Free Member

Spotted a Cube LTD on sale for £600 and just wondering if anyone who has ridden one can think of any reason why that’s not a bargain?

Specs are:
    Forks Recon TK Air, 100mm, Poploc
    RD Deore XT RD-M780 Shadow 10-speed
    FD Deore FD-M590, Top Swing 34.9mm
    Shifter Deore SL-M591, Rapidfire-Plus
    Rings Shimano FC-M552 2-Piece 42x32x24T, 175mm
    Headset FSA No.10 semi-integrated
    Stem Easton EA30 Oversized
    Bars Easton EA30 Lowriser
    Brakes Formula RX hydraulic disc brake (180/160mm)
    Rims Alex ZX 24
    Hubs M475 Disc
    Tyres Schwalbe Rapid Rob Performance 2.25

It’s mail order, but I’ve ridden a Cube (Attention) before and loved the feel of it – much more comfortable than my current bike, Kona Blast (2007).

geordiemick00
    Free Member

They are often used as hire bikes at trail centres, they’re a good bike

curiousyellow
    Free Member

What does the equivalent Canyon cost?

rj2dj
    Free Member

The closest equivalent I can find on the Canyon site would be the Yellowstone 5.0L for £689, which is very similarly specced:

Same fork
    Avid Elixir 1
    Derailleurs: SLX Rear, Deore Front
    Continental X Kings 2.2

Good suggestion to check, but unless that Yellowstone 5.0 frame is better, I would say the Cube edges it?

IHN

My other half has a wimminz Cube with a slightly uprated spec to that. It’s a very, very nice bike for the money.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

nice bike, you’ll probably need to swap out the saddle, the selle Italia ones they come with are heavy, hard and uncomfortable.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Absolutely, I have an SDG Bel Air on my Kona that I’d probably swap over straight away and possibly my tyres and grips too – happy with my contact points on my bike, so seems silly to change.

The Dart 2 forks and heavy frame are getting a bit tiresome though, so I’m hoping the Cube will be a lot livelier if I take the plunge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cube LTD – any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.