Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cube bikes anyone have one / opinions
  • shredder
    Free Member

Just looking at the h/tails the LTD Race RX seems well speced for the money.

Anybody have one ?

Thanks

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Got an AMS which is nice and Jojo from on here has a hardtail which she likes.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Cube Ltd Race. Electric blue and white. 12 months old. I've done loads of miles on it. I love it. Keep an eye on the sizing as they come up small.
    I got mine on the bike to work scheme and before the price hike. £935:00.
    I've had a few bikes (and some). This is easily my favourite.

epicyclo

Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Shame they don't do 29ers

ashfanman
    Free Member

I have a 2009 Ltd Race hardtail – really pleased with it. I managed to pick it up before Cube hiked their prices due to the faltering exchange rate, so it only cost £900. I couldn't find anything else with anywhere near the spec for the money – Reba SL, SLX/XT drivetrain, light wheelset, Formula K18 brakes, etc. The only change I've made is to swap the old EA30 lo-rise bars (too narrow) for a Ritchey WCS Carbon Rizer. I also had to change the old EA30 stem due to a product recall by Easton, so took that opportunity to shorten what I thought was a bit of an excessive 120mm down to 100mm. As an added bonus, supply issues with the EA30 meant I ended up with a free upgrade to an EA50.

This year's model has been downspecced a bit, if I remember rightly – Deore cranks and perhaps one or two other subtle cost-cutting changes. They seem to have changed the ar*e-shredder of a saddle that came with mine, though, so it's not all bad.

I haven't weighed it, but it's plenty light enough for me. It's really responsive, MASSIVELY stiff and scarily fast. It has a pretty racey feel to it overall and can be a bit twitchy when the going gets steep and rough, but it's always handled everything I've been able to throw at it.

Definitely worth considering.

joebickley
    Free Member

Yup i love mine. I managed to get a Ltd Race frame off the classifieds forum, i spec'd some Rebas and XT'd everything a bit at a time and its been great. Im 6ft 2in and have the large frame and had to buy a longer stem as it came up to short with my old 90mm stem.

My mate liked mine so much that he went out and bough a complete bike also. Greta bikes and right on the money for the Cycle Scheme.

Echoing ashfanman, the saddle will cut you in two! But a charge spoon is a good sub in for a few pennies.

Joe

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks great replys employer has just joined the cyclescheme scheme. So looking at the Cube's @ Leisure Lakes. Wondering if I can top up the extra £39 as I have a £1000.

Thanks

ashfanman
    Free Member

Yes, you can top up the rest. For £1039 you really can't beat it. The only other bike I was considering was a Boardman Pro. Reckon I made the right choice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cube bikes anyone have one / opinions’ is closed to new replies.