Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cube Attain sizing help please !
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all.

I’m looking at a road bike to replace my old giant defy and have pretty much settled on the Cube Attain disc model.

I have a query with regards to sizing though as after sitting on one I’m even more confused.

The Defy was almost perfect apart from me wanting the front end a bit higher.

The Attain seems to do this for me.

The Defy was a 2016 M/L.

Comparing the sizes between then the 56 cube was pretty much the same. However when I went and sat on one in the shop it felt loads smaller ??

FWIW I’m 6foot or slightly over and thought I would be on a 56. Cube’s sizing put me on a 60 which is massive compared to the M/l Giant.

Am I missing something here ?

What sizes do you all ride ?

scotroutes

My Cube Agree is a 56 and I’m 5’7″. They’ve always come up “small”. I used to sell Cubes and I’d have put you on a 60 to start with and worked from there.

renton
    Free Member

My Cube Agree is a 56 and I’m 5’7″. They’ve always come up “small”. I used to sell Cubes and I’d have put you on a 60 to start with and worked from there.

I don’t understand though how do they come up short if the figures are pretty much exactly the same ??

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

My Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016 is the 58cm.

I’m 5’10”, long torso and stumpy 32″ cycling inseam (30″ when buying trousers… Just making the point that these measurements are different).

If you are a more normal proportioned 6″ with longer legs than I, a 58cm will work I think. Else a 60cm.

All about stack and reach!
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2018/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain-gtc/cube-attain-gtc-race-disc-greyngreen-2018/

60cm is 4mm longer and 19mm higher than 58cm.

renton
    Free Member

Ok so the reach and stack on a m/l defy is 381 and 586

A 56 cube Attain is 395 and 591

Ett are both 560

Seat tube length is 515 on the defy and 520 on the attain

You can see how very similar they are but yet even I could tell it was smaller ??

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m 6ft on the nose, and my 2016 attain gtc disc is 56. I tried both a 56 and 58, and came away with a 58, but after sitting on it at home a bit, i went back and swapped for a 58. I could probably ride either.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s a very upright geo, over winter I’ve had the 110mm stem -6 degrees but all 30mm of spacers {plus the 20mm headset FSA conical spacer} under the stem (sadly the 2016 forks were carbon blades only, so I don’t need to worry about having at least a 5mm spacer above).

With BB to saddle top at ~72.5cm and ~98cm vertically off the floor while connected to the turbo, the bar tops are ~2cm vertically higher. Saddle nose to bar tops centre ~54cm.

Normally for outdoor riding, I have at least 15mm spacers above stem.

mcnultycop

I’m on a 56cm Attain. 5’9 and a bit but 29” legs.

renton
    Free Member

Ok good to know.

I may just plump for the 58cm as they say it’s easier to fit a longer stem etc.

scotroutes

Or, you know, there’s the possibility that the manufacturer actually has a clue about these things and has already done the hard work of selecting frame size for you based upon their experience.

Actually, is your name Leigh Phillips?

renton
    Free Member

I get what you are saying scotroutes but I don’t understand how to bikes can have the same figures but ones too small and the other too big ?

rOcKeTdOg

I’m 6ft and ride a M/L defy. I’d be on a 58cm attain. If it was an Agree I’d go 56cm as they are longer.

mickolas
    Free Member

5’9″ (on a good day) and ride a 56cm attain disc. I find the size perfect with a 90mm stemm and 20mm set back post.

I would suggest that 14mm difference in reach is not insignificant, particularly if coupled with difference stem/bar(reach can vary a lot from bar to bar)/seatpost offset and saddle position.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cube Attain sizing help please !’ is closed to new replies.