Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cube AMS Comp vs Pro
  • meandyuk

Argh! I'm having a real dilemma between these two – they both have the same frame but different forks & rear shock.

I'm not a mtb beginner but I wouldn't quite call myself a novice yet… I was originally looking at hardtails but the look of the Cube Full sussers has sucked me in…. so, do you reckon the pro is worth the £250 extra for basically fox forks+shock over reba forks+manitou shock? (plus an slx chainset over deore)

Any help appreciated!
    Cheers
    Andy

meandyuk
    neninja
    Free Member

I'd say get the more expensive one – I prefer Reba to Fox RL but the brakes and rear shock on the Pro are far better spec'd

Worth the difference alone even before considering the superior chainset, shifters, bars etc etc on the Pro

4ndyB
    Free Member

Go Pro, much better spec.

Teh brakes pwn the Comps with Bomberz & wee in their shoes for good measure.

meandyuk

I thought you might say that!! I'm thinking that I wouldn't do the Pro justice though to be honest. I'm still thinking the comp!! I don't want to have all the gear and no idea 🙂

Cheers
    Andy

neninja
    Free Member

The parts on the Pro will not be wasted. They will allow you to get more out of the bike.

meandyuk

What about maintenance on the fox forks? is it easier or hard than the reba???

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

I have a pro and it's ace.

AndyN
    Free Member

Better wheels on the pro

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

fox forks are a piece of piss to setup and get running smoothly…..rockshox imo and experience are a real faff to get setup (due mainly to the positive and negative chambers)…others will tell you differently, but the fox are simple and you dont have to alter a thing on them once the psi is right……finding the right psi for the max travel on RS stuff and getting bump sensitivity etc is a right pain for me….again only my experience….id stick with fox now where i can in there future…..easy to use, simple to setup and you dont have to touch once they are set!

meandyuk

Cheers, i'm getting mixed messages about the fox forks – some say they are simple to use maintain & others claim that they wear out quickly and need sending away for a service regularly (which I can't be arsded with!). Perhaps I need to go on some bike maintenance course, i'm a bit scared of serviced my own forks at the mo!

Cheers for the help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cube AMS Comp vs Pro’ is closed to new replies.