CTD Kashima Shock

Home Forum Bike Forum CTD Kashima Shock

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CTD Kashima Shock
  • wobbliscott

My coverts shock (CTD Kashima too) also blows through its travel quickly. I’ve got a volume reducer kit and will install a larger spacer, which should fix the issue.

daveh

Found the same on my Bandit. Similar threads here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fox-ctd-suspension-woes-on-a-meta-sx

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fox-ctd-shock-volume-reducing-kit

Let me extend my offer to you, either of the biggest 2 spacers, £7 posted.

endurokid

So,

After waiting ages for my Alpine I sacked it off and bought a Covert, took it out today for the first time and loved it!

However, I was using all my travel on my CTD shock in trail mode on the firmest compression setting, I was running 200 psi so expected to have some left in the tank!

How have other people found these shocks?

Really impressed with it, just surprised I’m using a full 6 inches at Llandegla!!

Cheers

boxxer7

I bought one from daveh above for my StumpyEvo and it worked a treat!

theraggyone

The fox ctd trail adjust kashima on my banshee spitfire v2 works great. The 3 settings feel significantly differant but I only really use trail 1 and decend . I have it in decend most of the time and it gives up most of its travel relatively easily really ramping up right at the end of the stroke, ive never bottomed it out In fact it feels bottomless.

It did take a while to dial in though, to start with I was running it too hard which made the ride harsh, but it still seemed to use the same travel as I do now .I dropped 20psi and now its much plusher and feels great. Im 13.5 stone and I run 180psi in it:)

Differant frames can make a massive difference to the feel of the shock though im sure, maybe it just works better with banshees frames rather than some other manufacturers

passtherizla

I’m a bit lighter than you theraggyone and run 185 and blow through my travel no matter the setting.. Gonna get it tuned… Thinking firm velocity and rebound but dunno what to do about the boost valve thing?

daveh

Actually, tell lie, not the biggest spacer, I’m using that, the next two- 0.6 and 0.8″.

endurokid

Thanks for all the help guys.

Will try and run about 220psi and see how that feels, if it doesn’t improve I’ll speak to TF about a custome tune.

If I took it apart myself ill probably blow myself up and burn the house down 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CTD Kashima Shock’ is closed to new replies.