Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cruz roof bars
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

with Jnr arriving and her trailer – the mighty peugeot is a bit tight for 2 bikes + trailer.

So i picked up some Thule roof mounted bike carriers off faceache.

Need to get bars and feet – i have raised rails so they are an easy fit.

I was looking at Thule feet and square bars for about 135 rated to 100 kg.

on roofbox.co.uk i see they have “cruz” aero bars and will mount with standard T bolts same as thule which state they are TUV rated and up to 75kg – Thats 6 of our bikes on the roof ……

anyone used cruz bars – its tempting when they do aerobars for 110 inc feet for all we will use them – they will not live on the car – which is why i was happy to go with square bars

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/roofbars/cruz_airo_138cm_aluminium_bars_2_no_airor_138_924_797_locks_included/Qx%40w%2C6M4gNax5vN1Yv0vegd3uH%40xGV2n_%7BN7ulT.8iySgfwL%602xi~oFg6AwHCin1A

thoughts ?

robbo1234biking

I have Cruz roofbars and feet for a Vauxhall Astra estate. Had them about 2 years and no issues. Very happy with them.

lowey

Use Cruz on my car for carrying bikes. Zero issues.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sounds like it might be the way.

Still gonna cost me 130 quid but aero bars sound so much nicer than square bars on the odd occasion they won’t be loaded

tomd
    Free Member

If you get the Thule they will do the lock match for very cheap, so your rack + bike carriers will all have the same key. Saves a lot of faff and lost key potential.

Also the Thule are modular so the feet are likely to be usable on your next car if it also has rails, or the feet have an excellent 2nd hand value because they’re so versatile.

Do you think you’ll need a roofbox as well at some point if you’ve go kids? If so Thule do mega wide bars (the commercial spec ones) that will easily take a big roofbox plus the bike carriers. You’ll struggle to get a middle sized roof box + 2 bike carriers on a standard width rack.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh the cars 5 years old on 30k miles.

I’ve not got rid of a car before 15 years old yet so I expect the roof bars to expire before the car.

ravingdave

i have cruz aero bars, no issues with them, however they are fiddly to fit and the quality it significantly below the thule square bars i had on a previous car.

I also got a cruz bike carrier with them which is appallingly bad and un-safe so we are not using it again!

if you are fitting a thule bike carrier to cruz bars, i found that the thule square slide in feet thingys did not fit inside the cruz slot.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hmmm interesting as their t track bolts are 20*20 same as Thule.

Looking at the cost of t bolts I’m erring back to square bars

trail_rat
    Free Member

bought cruz 140cm square bars.

for 55 quid delivered and our limited use it seemed mad to spend 200 quid on thule aeros

t3ap0t
    Free Member

I have the Cruz aero and Thule 532 carriers. Bought thinking I’d remove them between use but ended up leaving the lot on top of the car for about 4 years so far. Barely effected fuel consumption, very little noise from them and no sign of corrosion.

Wouldn’t like to be taking the Cruz on and off all the time but the carriers are a 2 min job to put on and off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cruz roof bars’ is closed to new replies.