Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • crutch tips
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Evening i snapped my ankle on wenesday. Anyone else done this?
    Any crutch tipes i am rubbish

Any one else had a broken ankle i am board already how long till i can get back on a bike

Chris-S
    Free Member

Did mine 6 weeks ago!

No Op – out of plaster now – none weight bearing for two more weeks – but hobbling about without crutches in an aircast boot.

Then should be good to start riding again.

My main tip is to keep off the comfort foods so you don’t put on unnecessary wight.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

still recovering after dislocating my lower leg and knee cap after 10 weeks,

tips small movements with the crutches until you get confident then you’ll work them out.

good advice from Chris re: food – do not pig out

Daffy

Get a set of rubber MTB grips and cut them in half down the long axis and stick them to the crutch handles, I did this with mine and was doing about 4 miles per day on them.

It was 12 weeks before I could ride again, but it really depends on the break? If it’s load bearing then it’ll be sooner, if they’ve told you specifically not to walk on it and fitted a non-load bearing cast, then you’ll be closer to 12.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

good shout on the grips the hard plastic is killing me

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Walking with crutches is hard work no matter how good your technique is. Thats’s the only tip you need.

cakefacesmallblock

I had a big windsurfing crash some years ago; kneecap off and mucho ligament damage. After a week or so, swapped crutches fo a single old fashioned walking stick.
    Top tip; when you get to physio ( and go if it’s offered) work hard at equal use of both legs. Until more recently, I hadn’t realised how much I’d subconciously been protecting the original injury, and walking oddly and wearing one shoe out before t’other. Much more even again now !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘crutch tips’ is closed to new replies.