Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Crushing Grapes
  • jon1973
    Free Member

OK, so this is part 2 really. I had a post yesterday about whether it's OK to freeze grapes because I won’t be able to do anything with them until the weekend. So thanks for the advice I got.

Today I collected the grapes from a friend ready to be made in to wine. The thing is, I was expecting a bag full. I got a big crate of the things.

Thing is, I've never really done this before. How do I go about crushing so many grapes and extracting the juice, without spending a fortune on equipment

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

hire stu francis??

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If you have a big crate of grapes, and you can find him, there is someone who can help.

Stu "Ooh, I could crush a grape!" Francis

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

bugger!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

you wasted too much time googling the photo!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

how true!

jon1973
    Free Member

LOL..i did consider pre-empting all the Stu Francis jokes. There's no way I'm going to get a sensible answer now.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Crackerjack!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

i presume 1973 puts you in the same golden era of childrens tv that i was exposed to!

Filthy
    Free Member

do it the old fashioned way… bathtub and tread on them, dont forget to wash your feet first

jon1973
    Free Member

yes indeed it does doctornickriviera.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have many memories of Fridays at '5 to 5'

so, back to being helpful 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

well my mum used to squeeze soft fruit in a muslin bag to extract the juice for wine- pulp stays in bag- jiuce falls into bucket!

timber

trug and mash with a sledgehammer or similar blunt instrument, looks like you have enough for about half dozen bottles

jon1973
    Free Member

Joking aside, I have got a fridge-freezer full of bloody grapes. 😆

Filthy
    Free Member

after seeing those yeti feet I'm thinking a garlic crusher might work if your not in a hurry

jon1973
    Free Member

well my mum used to squeeze soft fruit in a muslin bag to extract the juice for wine- pulp stays in bag- jiuce falls into bucket!

Ah! muslin bag. Now we're getting somewhere.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Crushing Grapes’ is closed to new replies.