Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Crufts Flyball Outrage.
  • singlespeedstu

Why don’t the flyball machine things fire the balls in the air for the dogs to catch any more?
    Is it a brexit thing? or is it due to elf and safty?
    Either way it’s a **** outrage.

revs1972
    Free Member

Well , seeing as I was bored, it would appear this changed in 2010. Therefore brexit can be ruled out.
    I’m also ruling out H & S on the grounds that the little woofers seem to hit that holder at break neck speed nose first ( guessing its soft rubber)
    My money would be on machines malfunctioning in the past and I think they can be quite competitive at these things, so eliminating errors , by replacing with human intervention would of been called for.

loddrik
    Free Member

Surely Crufts itself is the outrage. Why aren’t the KC changing the breed standard to lengthen the muzzles of pugs, bulldogs etc…?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Because the KC are a corrupt bunch of inbreads themselves ?

Could be true that.

km79
    Free Member

The people who run crufts and kc need to be put down. The misery they cause and health problems they deliberately breed into dogs for aesthetics should be criminal.

muggomagic

I had it on for all of 30 seconds when they were interviewing some bloke with some sort of spaniel. He was holding it under its chin so its mouth stayed closed. The dog was trying to move so it could open its mouth and pant like dogs are meant to. Why would you hold a dog like that? I could possibly get it if the dog is being assessed in competition but not when it’s sat on you lap having already won. Just says to me that these people don’t give a shit about the dogs.
    Link to picture

sandboy

My wife used to be involved in dog showing, it’s the most corrupt and cruel waste of time imaginable. The dogs were far nicer than the people.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The people who run crufts and kc need to be put down. The misery they cause and health problems they deliberately breed into dogs for aesthetics should be criminal.

^+1

He was holding it under its chin so its mouth stayed closed.

Yeah I saw that. The Mrs got quite angry.

The dog looked very uncomfortable. Just shows what these people are like.

jerseychaz

We showed our Chocolate Lab as a pup when we first got him – it soon became clear that all the judges knew all the breeders & owners and if you weren’t “in” then you were never going to win – the prizes all went round in a circle and that’s at two bit local shows! Don’t get me started on the behaviour of some of the owners towards their dogs…….grrrrrrr I agree with Sandboy

dragon
    Free Member

Just says to me that these people don’t give a shit about the dogs.

Hardly restricted to the showing crowd a surprising amount of dog owners are like that. Can think of at least 2 owners near me who scream and shout at their dogs in public, so good knows what goes on behind closed doors.

TheWrongTrousers

Agree entirely, there is absolutely no place for this nonsense in the 21st century.

funkmasterp

Animal cruelty in my opinion. The things done to the brachycephalic dogs in the name of standards is horrendous and should be made illegal. We should all turn up at local dog shows with mongrels. The organisers and breeders would probably all explode with outrage.

Northwind

It’s like this. Dog showing, if you were showing normal dogs doing normal dog things, would be too easy. So instead it’s all about making dogs do things dogs don’t do, and turning dogs into things they shouldn’t be- because that’s challenging. It’s taking the basic concept of obedience training, and running with it until it’s completely ****ed up. Imagine if you did it with horses, “Well dressage is all well and good but to really push the sport we have to promote Horse Diving”

You could turn this around, and breed for yappiest jack russell, smelliest westie, slobberiest boxer, most gormless labrador… “And it’s the great dane Lochtaymore Bridget Jones of Tillycorthie (*), winning for the 3rd year in the category of “detecting people who’re terrified of dogs and being really doggy at them”

(* an actual show dog name. But not a great dane)

funkmasterp

I like your thinking Northwind – The Labrador cake test would be the best bit. Simply place cake within a metre of a Lab and start your stopwatch – number of mili-seconds before cake disappears! 🙂

Northwind

When I’m Grand High Dragon of Crufts, it will look like this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMzXYK4zhz0[/video]

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brilliant! Deserved the applause.

sandboy

We once went to the Eastern Region Bearded Collie Club Christmas party! Our dog won the sausage relay as he ran the length of the village hall and back without eating his sausage.

jamj1974

The real outrage about Crufts (Or used to be at least) is the amount of dog shite left on the grounds of the venue and the bagged shite left tied to the fencing onsite. The amount of abuse I got from asking visiting dog owners to pick it up and/or bin their own dogs crap…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why aren’t the KC changing the breed standard to lengthen the muzzles of pugs, bulldogs etc…?

To improve the health of the dogs ? Pugs especially have numerous breathing issues.

We got our Lab from a breeder we met at the working dogs day. If you want a realiy top pedigree dog I think its well worth a visit. A s ransom factoid our bitch was born April 24 so was named Georgia and her KC club name in Jambalaya.

gobuchul
    Free Member

So Jamba you wanted a “really top pedigree dog”?

Why when there are kennels full of rescues?

I admit I bought my first dog from a KC registered breeder thinking it meant something for the welfare and they actually cared for the dogs.

How naive I was. Never again. Rescue every time in future.

CountZero

Because the KC are a corrupt bunch of inbreads themselves ?

Crumbs!

TheWrongTrousers

Crumbs!

😀 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Crufts Flyball Outrage.’ is closed to new replies.