Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Crud Roadracer mudguards (pics)
  • flip
    Free Member

These have just come out, and i sceptically got some for my 'best' bike, i thought i could then ride it in the wet without getting a wet bum.
    I've just done 40 miles with them on and i'm blown away, they are superb, i never thought they would fit through the wafer thin gap under my front brake, but they do. And they clip on and off dead easy, these are revolutionary.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What size tyres are you running flip? Cycling plus reviewed them this month and they would only fit on a bike with tyres 23mm or less, they tried with 25mm and the guards rubbed.

sofatester
    Free Member

– Grip tape, sky stem and none matching bottle cages.

+ Valve/logo synchronization, colour coordinated pedals, Campag groupo.

Oh, and those mud guards looks brilliant, might have to get some.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flip
    Free Member

Mine are 23mm, they wouldn't work with any wider tyres, but they are meant for racing bikes so most people will have 23 anyway.

I had to fiddle a bit to get them right, but they never rubbed at all in 40 miles.

john_l
    Free Member

now you just need to sort out your bar tape, saddle angle, bottle cages & stem & that bike'll look lovely :o)

sheldona
    Free Member

Weeds on the drive, tutututut

mudguards look ok though

flip
    Free Member

Ah! the sky stem will be history when i get my custom Brian Rourke 853 very soon.

Its Kawasaki green too!!!

flip
    Free Member

Seat angle is right it's the angle of pic.

Gary_M
    Free Member

the thing is though flip lots of us run 25mm tyres during winter.

spacecadett
    Free Member

Garage floor could do with a lick of paint

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Would they fit to a Pace Rc31 rigid fork? That's what I am running on my commuter with 700c wheels.

How does it attach below the headset?

MM

PS. Mismatching inner tube valve lengths 😉

Vortexracing

perfect news. just got some thrown in with my Jamis Xenith comp I picked up Tuesday. Not got round to fitting them yet, I was a bit sceptical when I looked at the, but your news is good news.

Crud catcher fitting weekend me thinks.

do they wobble around or are they quite rigid.

flip
    Free Member

It attaches with a re usable cable tie, theres a video on crud site that shows how to attach them.

flip
    Free Member

VR no theres no wobble at all, just spend time fiddling and adjusting them right, jobs a good un'!

Vortexracing

smashing and ta

simondbarnes

They rock. Am running a set on my Tarmac Expert.

daveh
    Free Member

Running a set fine here with Conti Race 25s.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmm
    I've got Vittoria 24mm Pave's just to be awkward.

pid
    Free Member

I got some of these just over a week ago and they are superb. Tyres are Schwalbe Stelvios (23mm) and they're fine.
    First fit needed a little time and patience to get everything just so, but have made damp rides a lot more pleasant and have had them off and back on again since (just for the joy of fiddling with things…)

cheers_drive

I've got a set in the garage waiting to go on; although as usual the weather's doing the opposite of my kit buying: new summer tyres = rain, new mudguard = the best weather since June 🙂 So no chance to try them yet.

daveh
    Free Member

new summer tyres = rain, new mudguard = the best weather since June

Lol, yep! I just fitted them anyway and went looking for puddles!

therevokid
    Free Member

well i'll be …. crud roadracers and a maxlight with
    fox's on – you're not stalking me are you ???? 😀

The clearance on my trek at the front is much tighter
    than yours – almost touches the tyre infront of the brake,
    but doesn't rub so …. great clips ons that really work too !

Vortexracing

just fitted mine, a bit fiddly and awkward TBH, but mine is a small frame with very close clearances.

Couldn't fit the front extension on the rear guard as it caught the tyre due to the frame pushing it rearward.

off to try them out for a quick ride later and then see how they are on the commute to work tomorrow.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

they are magic! weve sold tons of sets recently…..although im worried about winter bike sales!

http://www.cycle-world.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b41s80p8417&tbv=MR_CRUD_roadracer_ACCESSORIES_Mudguards

stumpyjon

Rather impressed with those. Never occurred to me to consider mudguards when I bought my road bike, it did the first time I went out and the road was wet. May well have to invest.

Vortexracing

Shop around, some places are doing them for £20ish.

If they last they will be great. Nifty little design idea.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Crud Roadracer mudguards (pics)’ is closed to new replies.