Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • crud roadracer mk3 – any good ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

looking at clip on guards for later in the year.

crud roadracer mk3 Look ideal but anything better?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I found them difficult to set up due to the velcro.

the patches kept peeling off the frame.

there is no substitute for a proper set of mudguards with stays.

riddoch

Just book marking the thread as I picked up a set when halfords had them on sale but not fitted yet.

MrPottatoHead

I didn’t get on with them at all. Found the plastic quite brittle where it needs shaping near front mech-maybe I’m just ham fisted.  Velcro was a pain in the arse-not really practical to remove frequently. Had annoying chatter on bumpy sections. Lasted about 2 weeks before I binned them.

Should add that im generally not a fan of mudguards anyway. Maybe with some perseverance and more patience setting up they’d have been fine.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I use them on my TCR over winter and found them great. Took a bit of time to set up but once on they didn’t need touching. Success probably depends on your frame shape and how well you fit them.

The spares are also cheap. I lost the front bit of the front guard in a crash and it cost £1 for a replacement.

Edit: I warmed my Velcro patches up once they were in place and then wrapped them in insulation tape over night. This was because the Velcro was only contacting a small strip of the tcr’s thin seat stays. The Velcro never moved  after this.

cookeaa

…Velcro was a pain in the arse…

Definitely need to re-read the instructions fella…

mattbee

Found them just as rubbish as the earlier versions @ just couldn’t get them to stay fitted & noise free for more than 1/2 hour at a time. Binned them & bought Raceblades.

onandon
    Free Member

The Raceblades look good but I’ll be using 35/40 tyres.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Similar to the above really. Rear has been OK, except for my unhelpfully shaped stays. Front a bit fidly and velcro didn’t always hold. Also it wore a groove on my fork crown.

Reasonable for what they are but not a patch on proper guards

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Rattly and wobbly, I was ready for binning them on the first ride.  Then they seemed to settle down a little.  Still took them off though and wouldn’t bother refitting.  Got some sks race blades, both the ones that attach with rubber loops and the ones that are attached at the caliper bolt.  Both much better

bob_summers

You don’t say what frame, but mk3s didn’t work on my gt grade with weird seat stay angle. Race blades in the end were all that cleared 38c tyres and do a crap job of keeping water off feet.

claudie

I use them on a tarmac and think they are great. Fitting was tricky but I ended up sticking two of the front tips to the tyre with blutak to act as shims and then the alignment was easy. But I was also a fan of the mk1 and 2

onandon
    Free Member

Frame is a pickenflick with 700/35s or 40s being used.

obviously normal guards are better but the frame won’t take them so clip ons only.

charliem
    Free Member

I’ve used raceblade XLs on my arkose with 38/40mm G-one speed’s because I already had some lying around. Fine for keeping water off your bum & clear the tyres ok but grime all over your feet & BB area/discs. For what it’s worth I found them dead easy to fit and they stay in place fine, no rattling. Just do them up tight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘crud roadracer mk3 – any good ?’ is closed to new replies.