Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cross Bike Mudgaurds
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Thinking of using the cross bike on the road for a few ‘winter’ miles, any mudguards available for 32mm tyres?
    The bike is Stevens Prestige and race cross rather than ‘do it all’ cross bike, so no eyelets and limited mounting options.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’m in the same position and thinking of using SKS Race Blades XL which cover up to a 32 tyre.

iainc

I use zefal swan and croozer for road riding with CX tyres on (35c). They keep me pretty dry but not good in group rides as the back wheel throws a lot of spray back.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Cool, will have a look at those.
    I have also looked at changing to road tyres and using the crud road racer mk11, but means changing tyres often, spin out with road tyres?, less flexible if a trail looks inviting!

iainc

The zefals work off road too ! I tend to only put on road tyres if doing a touring trip. I do have a road bike too though.

Hornet600
    Free Member

IainC
    I also have a road bike, so won’t be long road trips on the cross bike, it was simply to make the mudguard issue easier with using road tyres.
    I will look at the Zefal as I would still like the ability to ride off road.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cross Bike Mudgaurds’ is closed to new replies.