Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Croix de Fer rear brake cable routing & mud guard
  • jimmy

I’m just assembling my Croix de Fer and came to route the rear brake cable. Nice how it has braze ons under the down tube for this, but they run straight down the middle in line with what I assume are mud guard bolts. Is this an oversight or am I missing something? The mid-point brake cable braze-on is a couple of cm from the lower mud guard bolt so that would be some kink in the cable to get round it.

Also, is there a slimmer CX version of a crud guard? That would be a nice addition.

iainc

Jimmy – my 2014 one is same. They are crud bosses, which are a waste of time due cable routing. Mine came with cables in a direct straight line, which is fine, but bosses redundant.

iainc

Guards – I have the zefal one on, just as you describe, but with rubber bands to hold it in place

jimmy

such a shame, if they were slightly offset it would be ideal.

jimmy
    Andy

Oh yeah just noticed on mine which is in mid build! Agreed poor design. Maybe raising the mudguard off the frame sube with a spacer might work?

iainc

Jimmy, yes that one. It fits fine on top of the brake outer. The rubber straps are crap, I use some crud rubber bands, with a couple of knots to make them a little shorter. The rear zefal (swan) is good too

iainc

Other slight niggle I have is that with winter boots on my left heel occasionally hits brake adjuster. I have my cleat on that foot set without any toe in or out, I.e neutral

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Croix de Fer rear brake cable routing & mud guard’ is closed to new replies.