Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Crocs
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

For why is croc attached to front mech with string? 😯

Reasons?

wwaswas

saves 30 seconds on the transition, loses 5 minutes whilst cycling…

[edit] it’s a rubber band to hold the pedals level and the shoes in a position where you can just slip your feet in. Snaps as soon as you start pedalling.

BigDummy
    Free Member
    tonyd

I bought some recently after the dog chewed up my flip flops. They’re very comfy and do the job well. I’d use them on the beach or camping, but not for a night down the local.

jfletch
    Free Member

I think the only thing worse than wearing Crocs style foam shoes would be actually paying a premium for branded foam shoes.

My daughters “crocs” were £1 from Poundland. They are a lovely shade of purple!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Triathlon is amazingly odd.

cheers_drive

I’ve got pairs of fake Crocs by the front and back doors as they are excellent for just popping outside to the garage or garden. Also handy for camping for the same easy to take on / off reasons.
    Would never wear them on the street though!

ads678

Hospital staff, cleaners and butchers ok, otherwise NO!

marczr
    Free Member

I too thought they were very ugly, then I was given a pair, turns out they’re very comfy, wear them most days, including at work as ‘house shoes’

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Wear what you want. Fashionistas are insecure. I wear Crocs most all of the time literally because of knackered foot joints – really like a godsend and save me a lot of pain/immobility compared to other footwear. Tried cheap knockoffs, didn’t do the same thing at all, and felt horrible. Crocs can get sweaty in summer sitting around in but then you just kick them off. Do people take the piss? Apart from my my brother scowling at them I haven’t suffered at the hands of the snort-scoff-pointers. A few years of wheelchair use taught me a lot about self-appointed social judges in general, so just smile at them as you would a cute puppy.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hospital staff, cleaners and butchers ok, otherwise NO!

You forgot children, spackers and ageing hippies :-). Crocs are like bikes inasmuch as they seem inspire theatrical hatred such as when some laugh at people for cycling (‘Yeah (snort) bikes are great, if you’re 7 yrs old, wouldnt catch me dead on one…’)

craigxxl
    Free Member

Honestly they are lethal. The soles of your feet will sweat and you slip im your shoes and die.
    Don’t do it,unless you wear socks for safety.

They have a massage bed on the sole so you get good air circulation all round your feet.

I have a pair that I use for knocking around the house and garden, they are very comfy for extended periods of wear. The little strap on the heel keeps them in place without them following off. I knocked them for ages before trying them and now wouldn’t be without them. Who gives a toss what they look like and with people on here raving on about sandals and five finger shoes this place isn’t the epitome of cool.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Also great for getting out of shopping trips with the wife when you tell her that’s what your wearing to go out in 😀

surfer
    Free Member

I have a pair that I use for knocking around the house and garden, they are very comfy for extended periods of wear. The little strap on the heel keeps them in place without them following off. I knocked them for ages before trying them and now wouldn’t be without them. Who gives a toss what they look like and with people on here raving on about sandals and five finger shoes this place isn’t the epitome of cool.

+1

jambourgie
    Free Member

spackers

johndoh
    Free Member

🙁

SamB
    Free Member

They’re for Thailand, but that includes 3 days in Bangkok.

Wear normal shoes in Bangkok, it’s not that hot. Take sandals for the beach.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Jambourgie – I should point out that ‘spackers’ here is self-referencing and sarcastic!

Rickos
    Free Member

Well, spoke to the wife at lunchtime and she said that if I wore some then I could walk behind or in front, but I was not to walk as though I was with the rest of the family.

I thought Birkenstocks were for hipsters?

loddrik
    Free Member

Crocs on adults are just wrong.

ourmaninthenorth

+1 fake crocs for garden slippers.

+several million for finding triathlon very odd.

Scamper
    Free Member

With a 2 year old and 5 month old, how I look in public is not always high up on my priority list at the moment, so my fleece lined crocs have been worn with shorts, jeans etc when popping out. My clown shoes are black so i’m sure they colour co-ordinate fine with most stuff 😀

marky29er
    Free Member

I destroyed my feet with endless walking around Disneyland Florida a few years back using trainers & sandals.
    Crocs were my saviour, fantastically comfortable. Mine have the added benefit of the holes being shaped like mickey mouse 🙂

jtintheuk
    Free Member

I am a Croc addict! Love them!! Go on, try a pair, we all know you want to.

franksinatra

Just for clarity, the acceptability list is as follows:

– Birkenstocks
    – Flip Flops (Hessian type ones with fabric straps, not plastic ones)
    – Sport sandals, Teva type things

– Crocs.

Avoid anything with a strap that goes around the heel.

franksinatra

What is it with all of these softies that need footwear just to go into the garage to get a beer out of the fridge. MTFU and just walk in there in your bare feet and act like you haven’t noticed that it is really cold and dirty.

johndoh
    Free Member

fridge. MTFU and just walk in there in your bare feet and act like you haven’t noticed that it is really cold and dirty

So you walk dirt back into the house, therefore it’s a daft idea.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have a pair of Quicksilver flipflops, they must be 20 years old now. I love wearing them and am looking forward to taking them on holiday to Ibiza in August 🙂

franksinatra

What do you call a french man in sandals?

Phillippe Flop

wwaswas

I think all these Croc fans should post pics so we can judge them.

Probably harshly.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Crocs: Two steps closer to Jeremy Kyle.

ton

I have croc flipflops. I want some of the closed toe things. 😳

onehundredthidiot

Reef flip flops with tqt (thirst quenching technology), they have bottle openers built into the sole. Perfect summer footwear.

sweepy
    Free Member

I think anyone who mocks crocs then puts up birkenstocks as a better alternative needs to have a word with themselves. I’ve just had a look online and those things are plugly, they look like the scholl’s my sister used to wear.

willard

You lot are really, really weird. All of you.

Worse than Hora.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got some real fake Crocs in Goa for about 250 RP’s. (work it out!) Good for walking/fishing on stony beaches.

but don’t laugh, these are better & I’m wearing some as I type, proper comfy…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o5B4ef]Zuuks[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

monkeychild
    Free Member

Those Croc half sandals look alreet.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Crocs are officially the best thing ever for camping as they’re clogs not sandals, slip em on kick em off, who want to be worried about straps and toe thongs on the 4am piss run.

Never had a pair of official crocs but the kids do and the mocks are rubbish in comparison

Pieface

I think they’re great, probably get a bit hot for Thailand though so flip-flops better, or something more ventilated and made of a more breathable material.

They are mostly rubber after all.

budgierider67

The sports ones are great. I’ve worn them for cycling & beach running & all day city walking.

No way can they possibly look worse than those toe shoes which are shite for your feet anyway in most cases.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Crocs’ is closed to new replies.