Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Crocs
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Anybody use Crocs, those funny rubbery shoes? I’m potentially looking at getting a pair for my upcoming holiday with the intention of taking them as my only shoes. So, are they OK to spend all day in traipsing around a city or are they for short periods only. They seem popular with hospital staff so I’m guessing they’re quite comfy for all day use.

Also, how do they size up?

Thanks!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Houns

Noooooo! Rickos I thought better of you 😥

Markie
    Free Member

Comfy all day and size properly, albeit with a wide toe box. By properly, I mean I figure I’m a 43 unless the shoes fit oddly, and I’m a 43 in crocs!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/crocs-for-bike

wwaswas

They seem popular with hospital staff

only because you can clean them with a hose.

Rickos
    Free Member

I know, I know, but they do seem fit for what I need.

jfletch
    Free Member

Crocs are not popular with hospital staff. They are surgeons shoes and are worn for hygene reasons AFIK.

Crocs are also popular with my children. They are 1 and 3.

As a grown adult I would not be seen dead in them.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thank you Markie. I fear that will be my only sensible reply…

househusband

I’ll admit that I wear them around the house and garden… don’t think I’ve ever worn them in public… 😳

jam-bo

you’ve changed.

andytherocketeer

Also, how do they size up?

they look like they’re always about 4 sizes too large

I’m stealing that pic above for future use.

dknwhy

Yeah,around the campsite, beach etc. Never in real life and especially not on a city break.

zippykona

Honestly they are lethal. The soles of your feet will sweat and you slip im your shoes and die.
    Don’t do it,unless you wear socks for safety.

Rickos
    Free Member

They’re for Thailand, but that includes 3 days in Bangkok.

martinhutch

Crocs got banned in my old hospital. Nurses were dropping needles and impaling themselves through the holes. 😕

khani
    Free Member

I love my Crocs, I’d wear em everywhere if I could, 🙂 comfiest feety things evah!!!
    The rest of you be damned,…

Cougar

OP, I think what you’re looking for is a pair of Birkenstocks.

My OH swears by Crocs. I’d sooner walk barefoot across a field of Lego.

DezB
    Free Member

Couldn’t the nurses have just blocked the holes?

(Tip for the OP too)

PiknMix
    Free Member

I would rather cut my feet off than wear crocs.

honeybadgerx

I was working in an outdoor shop when they first came out and we had a rep come round and describe their ‘benefits’ to us. We all thought they’d never take off, little did we know….

the-muffin-man

I only wear them on the beach.

wwaswas

we had a rep come round and describe their ‘benefits’ to us

“It lets the other holiday makers know who not to get into a conversation with”

brakes
    Free Member

my 2 year old was gifted a pair which he uses for playing in his water-tray and as a spare pair for when he throws his proper shoes in the toilet when I’m having a wee (this did happen).
    they are hateful things and he is guaranteed to fall over every time he runs in them and smash his knees and elbows on the floor.
    the only positive is that I guess they have taught him to MTFU.

kudos
    Free Member

I have a pair (bought as a ‘gift’). They languished in the bottom of a wardrobe for a couple of years while I waited for someone I disliked enough to “re-gift” them to.

Then I took them camping, and they’re the perfect “tent slippers” for slipping on whilst you nip for a slash in the middle of the night.

They’ve now become my everyday outdoor slippers – I wear them for my morning constitutional walk around the grounds.

Wouldn’t be seen dead wearing them in public though…

dexa

I have had mine resoled with 5.10 stealth rubber. Now they are the bees flippers.

st

I quite like them, in their place.
    Lots of people seem happy to wear these sort of things afterall.

Lifer
    Free Member

kudos – Member
    They’ve now become my everyday outdoor slippers – I wear them for my morning constitutional walk around the grounds.

shifter
    Free Member

In the dignity stakes Crocs are waaay above flip-flops! That said, for a city break, Birkenstocks is the answer. Seen them in TK Max recently.

titusrider
    Free Member

NO!!!

You have been told…

convert

Said it before, I’ll say it again – if your life does not have a little bit of room for a pair of crocs, you need to get a better life!

They are the perfect camping/beach shoe plus brilliant for after ‘rad’ activities. Take off your mtb/kayak/climbing/trail running specific footwear and put on a pair of comfy little foot pillows as you pad around the car park sorting out your kit. Also ace for bike touring as they weight next to nowt.

Would I wear them with my finest threads to a suave reception – hell no; but that don’t make them great 🙂

Size wise – pretty forgiving and normal.

xterramac
    Free Member

“In the dignity stakes Crocs are waaay above flip-flops! That said, for a city break, Birkenstocks is the answer. Seen them in TK Max recently.” ha ha brilliant! Talks about dignity, then admits to shopping at TK Max……………..

fasthaggis

OP, I think what you’re looking for is a pair of Birkenstocks Keen.

Just as stupid looking ,but more comfortable for adults . 🙂

Leave the Crocs for the kids

shifter
    Free Member

Harsh but fair XT!

xterramac
    Free Member

ha ha good man, shifter 😉 Nice to see someone on here who can take the banter

DezB
    Free Member

See, one thing everyone should know about SANDALS is they have to be the right BRAND and you have to pay a silly amount for them. Then they are good SANDALS.

robbonzo
    Free Member

I have a black pair with no holes in the top, for camping and around the house, they are super comfy but you will be a laughing stock if you use them out and about.

rendo
    Free Member

mine were kind off outdoor slippers, but now after i popped them in my commuting bag one day i was on the good bike (time cleats) i need something for walking from the bike shed to the office. i now were them in the office all day.

ski
    Free Member

I have 3 pairs!

Great for beech, camping and the yard. I would not use them for around town or to hike in, but when your feet are knackered from using work boots all day, I look forward to putting them on after work.

Forget the middle class fashion police on her and give them a go

roper
    Free Member

There is a chap on TV here who wears them in the jungle.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m65irAK25X8[/video]

jota180
    Free Member

One triathlete apparently cycles in them 😯

When I say cycling, I mean the way that triathletes do it, so that’ll be in your pants wearing Crocs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Crocs’ is closed to new replies.