• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Crimes of Grindelwald…(spoilers)
  • RustySpanner

Have we done this?

Don’t think I’ve been so disappointed in a film since The Hobbit.

The introduction of Nagini was good, the rest was, well, a bit rubbish tbh.

New, previously unheard of relatives, bizarre timelines and loads of other inconsistencies.

Shame, enjoyed the first one.

The lack of proper editing that made the last three or four Potter books such hard work is even more apparent here.

Another three films to go, but not sure if I can be arsed tbh.

Anyone else been to see it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wee yin and her pal proper HP geeks, they seemed a bit confused by it….

northshoreniall

We, wife and I, went to see it at weekend – left unimpressed and feeling like it was an overlong setup for the following movies.

Loads of randomness and characters introduced and then nothing further – as said feel its them setting uo follwoing movies.

theotherjonv

yep. Pile of shite, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I tend to give most films the benefit of the doubt, but thought it an overly-convaluted waste of my time. Mrs Root, an avid Potter fan and looking forward to it immensly, fell asleep while I was straining to stay awake to follow the plot so I could talk about it afterwards. I missed out on a kip.

I enjoyed the last 3 or 4 potter books.

bikebouy
    Free Member

yep. Pile of shite

No more words required.

MoreCashThanDash

Sets up the future films and some interesting links to the original films. Couple of times it lost me but a couple of lovely cinema “wow” moments.

Timelines and inconsistencies? It’s not a documentary you know!

jonnyboi

It managed to either bore or annoy my entire family from 8 – 50. All of whom are massive HP fans.

thats some feat of cackhanded film making

RustySpanner

🙂

Annoying though, for those of a geeky persuasion.

”Luke?”

“Yes?”

“You know I said I was your father?  Time we had a chat about that……”

joshvegas
    Free Member

Didn’t bother me other than casting JD.

I want a niffler and a bowtruckle.

weeksy

I enjoyed it… but i watched it without seeing the previous one or knowing anything about characters or settings or who’s who etc… I just watched it as a movie.. it had magic, dragons and explosions… .what’s not to like ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Going to see this tonight.

Not a huge potter fan, but watched the previous film on sunday and its fun enough. I still think Newt looks like he’s had a stroke in the first film at times.

nickc

It’s not a documentary you know

Haha Do you know any Potter fans? While watching the trailer earlier this year, my daughter leaned over to me during one scene and said “you aren’t supposed to be able to apperate into Hogwarts, this is going to be rubbish if they can’t even get that right”

She wasnt wrong apparently give the reviews I’ve read.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Is JK doing a George Lucas then?

Richie_B

Is JK doing a George Lucas then?

Lucas+++

Watched it this weekend (because someone had to accompany Number 2 Son), graphics looked beautiful but the plot was a steaming pile of…

AlexSimon

It seemed to lose all the charming moments of the first film.

Not enough time spent with the magical creatures.

Not enough time spent with the muggle.

Fast-forwarded through what should have been some tough decisions (Queenie and Leta).

It felt like a 3+ hour film that had been edited down too far.

Surely if they are doing 3 more, they could have taken their time!

AlexSimon

Oh and more generally – yes they’ve gone overboard with making magic seem all-powerful and pretty much every adult wizard capable of absolutely anything. Some of the things (like the circus folding up) should have seemed completely amazing, but you find yourself going ‘whatever’.

I guess it lacks the viewpoint of Harry Potter – new to the world of magic being amazed by every new reveal. That’s where Jacob should have come in.

DezB
    Free Member

Me & my kid came out of that Monsters and Where to Find them going, what was that crap? Really awful and Eddie Redthingy is so .. eruegh, irritating. Won’t be seeing the follow up!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Crimes of Grindelwald…(spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.