Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Criccieth
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Going to criccieth on Friday to stay for a few nights. Plan is Biking, Studying and beer. Where’s best to go riding round there?

Cheers.

RoterStern
    Free Member

You are not a million miles away from Coed y Brenin.

kayak23

Antur Stiniog?

kirky72
    Free Member

I couldn’t find anything interesting locally. Headed for Cyb, about 25/30 minutes away. Oh and a day at antur cut short by a broken wheel.

onewheelgood

Ll?n is surprisingly poor for MTB routes, but it’s a lovely place for road riding. So either take the road bike or head for CYB.

chevychase

Snowdon. From ranger station, telegraph valley to Llanberis, summit, back down rangers. = Win 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

If you see a sump plug, ours fell out entering Criccieth on Tuesday. It’s nob all use to us now but I’m feeling particularly bitter about the 300+ repair bill so I’d like to give that plug a good kicking.

daern
    Free Member

Snowdon. From ranger station, telegraph valley to Llanberis, summit, back down rangers. = Win

Did this last year. Nearly killed me! 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

The queue for the seafront chippy up the hill towards the castle is mind boggling..

Be prepared to wait 90 minutes or so.

Worth it though

daern
    Free Member

Be prepared to wait 90 minutes or so.

90 what? That’s insane!

We noticed a bit of this when on the South Coast over the summer – chip shops with huge queues, large numbers of staff, yet seemingly unable to actually get the food out of the door. We repeatedly exchanged looks which said “you’d never get away with this shambles in Yorkshire!”

thekettle
    Free Member

The amazingly good Pont Scethin loop out of Tal y Bont (North of Barmouth on the coast road) isn’t far from there, if you’d rather natural riding to trail centre at CyB. Other than that it’s another vote for road biking on the Llyn.

mucker

@daern is Whitby not in Yorkshire?

daern
    Free Member

@daern is Whitby not in Yorkshire?

Last time I looked it was, but I’ve had reasonably good experiences getting chips out of shops there even though they seemed pretty busy.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Reet. Got 2 days up there, think the restrictions on Snowdon rule that out which is a downer, so thinking CYB. Reckon doing all the reds over two days is the best way to go?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Criccieth’ is closed to new replies.