Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Crib Goch or Sharp Edge
  • footflaps

Striding Edge is a walk with one awkward downclimb.

Crib Goch is very exposed but very straight forward.

Sharp edge can be treacherous in the wet esp if your shoes aren’t good on wet slimy rock.

slowoldman

An interesting statistic on Hall’s Fell ridge, taken in descent for the Bob Graham Round the time schedule from Blencathra down to Threlkeld is about 30mins! I took rather longer. In ascent I think it’s a far nicer route than Sharp Edge.

stevedoc
    Free Member

@nightonthedown the image on the link is a no for me 😉

supernova

Aonach Eagach has a couple of decision making points when you’ll need to decide which way to get round a gendarme or down a tumble of rocks – it’s not an idiot proof route so you do need a bit of confidence in your mountain abilities to enjoy it. Big day out too, but one of the best.

johnx2
    Free Member

It’s a slippery slope

No. That would be Foule Crag (above Sharp Edge, and reason it’s not a great descent route). Surprised no one’s mentioned Pinnacle Ridge on St Sunday yet (down via dollywaggon) as we’re listing the classics. Shame there’s not a few more. Some crazy arret on rainsborrow or something. There isn’t is there?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pick a really manky day to do Crib Goch. Otherwise it will be one long queue.

matt_outandabout

Pick a really manky day to do Crib Goch.

We just set off from car park before 8am…

ElShalimo

Given how busy Pen-y-pass car park has been through COVID, get there before 6am. Or use the Sherpa bus

Ambrose

Cyfrwy Arete

A very sporting day out, but firmly in the ‘need a rope really’ and not as long as I wanted…

On May 18 1988, the centenary of the first ascent I climbed the route in the original way, tweeds, hemp rope and nails. It was a great day, especially the whisky on the table.

pennine
    Free Member

Just got to the bottom of page 1 thinking no-one has mentioned Pinnacle Ridge on St Sunday Crag. I see Johnx2 ^^^ has already added this. Grade 3 scramble so harder than most mentioned. Great route for the confident.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.