• This topic has 31 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Credit where its due..Police
  • anagallis_arvensis

Just met a nice one, he laughed at me for getting so angry with idiotic car drivers. I laughed at myself and promised him I would try and be a better person. He said I should get a camera to record incidents. I laughed and said it would just be endless hours of me swearing.

I am the first to criticise the police and have often met unpleasant ones who make situations worse. This one diffused matters very well.
    That is all…goodnight!

Spin
    Free Member

Was it this guy?

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’re lying. I’m on holiday this week, and in my extensive experience of policemen, I’m the only nice one.

enfht
    Free Member

And everyone laughed at you for promising a copper you’d try and be a better person.

maccruiskeen

I’m the only nice one.

So what you’re saying is theres no ‘good cop bad cop’ whenever you’re off the meter.

Bregante

I’d agree with greatape. Me for example. I can be a right ****.

Drac

Next you’ll be telling me there’s nice teachers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That is exactly it maccruiskeen.

Drac – now you’re just being silly.

maccruiskeen

That is exactly it maccruiskeen.

How nice of you to say so

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t even trust one that seemed alright.

thegreatape
    Free Member

😀

maccruiskeen

Me for example. I can be a right ****.

‘PCSO’ ?

Bregante

Uncalled for!

anagallis_arvensis

And everyone laughed at you for promising a copper you’d try and be a better person.

They should.

Next you’ll be telling me there’s nice teachers.

Now now, some teachers are nice, not me though!

maccruiskeen

not me though!

dannybgoode

I’ve mentioned in a previous thread that in all my dealings with the police they’ve been, as individuals, nothing but brilliant.

They’ve turned up to free party raves, stopped me and my mates in dodgy looking (albeit entirely legal) motors, been called to house parties etc and consistently and fairly used their discretion to overlook some fairly obvious but minor misdemeanours that were going on unrelated to the reason they were called there.

This is SYP in fact and regardless of the obvious and very real need for the institutional culture at SYP through the years to be properly and thoroughly investigated I have never had any reason to question the conduct of any beat Bobby I have been in contact with.

hora
    Free Member

Never had a bad experience with any bobbies and why would we? Bloody nerdy cyclists. We aren’t exactly hardened crims 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The last 2 I met were very contrasting
    1st dropped my measured speed to get me a warning and sent me on my way.
    2nd was condescending and gave the sick of cyclists getting themselves into danger/pissing cars off speech after I mistimed a light change and the (lack of) acceleration on the Full sus compared to the road bike.

dave360

See the thing about babylon is that you might think that they’re not as pleasant as you think they should be sometimes, but they could have been scraping body parts off the road earlier that day, or telling someone their son/husband/wife etc is dead. Or being told by the Tory government that they’ve been given a new employment contract that wipes out their pension. Stuff like that.

Drac

Exactly Dave, maybe they have just come from a scene where a cyclist misjudged the lights as he was on a different bike and was then just a red line on the road. So he’s got frustrated when he heard an excuse for it later on.

Speshpaul

“but they could have been scraping body parts off the road earlier that day, or telling someone their son/husband/wife etc is dead”

professional then.

“that they’ve been given a new employment contract that wipes out their pension”

Join the club.

sorry but those lines are pretty old and tired. if you don’t like your job go work in a call centre.

As for bobbies I’ve met, mixed bunch.
    Professionally
    The chaps who came out when my lad was knocked off his bike were good, although the did let the car driver pull the doctor card.
    the bobby that that came to get a breath test from me in A&E after I had been hit by a car, was a T***. And he hadn’t realised that I had seen him allow the driver of the car to drive home without giving a sample.
    Personally, 4.
    3 great blokes (have all said I’d be a T** as a copper- fair enough.)and one who is still inside.

matt_outandabout

Cool story bro

perchypanther
    Free Member

Never had a bad experience with any bobbies

Had a couple of bad experiences with boabies. 🙁
    Don’t like to talk about it . 😳

BillMC

Watch out for those boabies. Nasty, nasty, the lot of them

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve had mostly good experiences, plus when I was a lad, four of my mates’ dads were plod. The current MrsPJM1974’s dad was also a copper too.

I met some Sicilian Police when I was on holiday, they were wearing dark sunglasses and were sat in a Carabinieri Alfa Romeo, it all looked a bit Italian Job, so I asked if I may have my photo taken next to the Alfa – I even showed them my own Alfa car keys.

The answer was a flat “No”.

Bloody Romans, eh?

dantsw13

I have every sympathy with the bobbies on the beat – dealing with all sorts of crap with one hand tied behind their backs.

I have no time at all for the senior levels covering things up and lying like SYP. The Masons should be banned – no place for it at all in a modern democracy.

alpin
    Free Member

they were wearing dark sunglasses and were sat in a Carabinieri Alfa Romeo, it all looked a bit Italian Job,

In all my dealings with the Italian police they have always been helpful, friendly, polite and dressed to kill.
    Back in October I shunted some guy on a roundabout (40tonne truck reversing back onto the roundabout, I panicked and touched the guy behind us). When the police turned up they were more interested in our bikes, our van and chatting up the GF whilst showing her pics of Miss Italia who was really a man than sorting out the insurance details.
    I remember being stopped in the van on my way over Reschenpass. The Carabinieri started giving me pointers on what trails to ride and where I could park up for the night without any bother.

Equally so, the little contact I had with plod in the UK was good.
    Was spotted once,along with a friend, in London with several grammes of grass and half a dozen pills each. Copper said “let’s not piss around”. Wed showed him what we had, he asked why we had so much, told him it was for the weekend. He smiled, shook his head and left us in peace.

As for German /Bavarian bobbies… Generally got a chip on their shoulder, probably because they have to wear baby diarrhoea coloured uniforms that don’t fit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That weekender plot story is epic 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

I can’t possibly align myself with the Rozztafarian philosophy, but in my many dealings with them over the years they have been nothing but fair in the execution of their duties, and more than often willing to use their discretion..

Weird species but genuinely well-meaning I reckon

globalti
    Free Member

I have two neighbours; one a former PC who is a big roadie and a very decent, steady bloke. Fast, too. The other is Asian and a relatively new to the Police but also an absolute star bloke, especially as he’s taken up cycling and is taking it very seriously. He and his Mrs made me a superb birthday cake. From knowing these two and from my dealings with the Police I know they are just ordinary people trying (mostly) to get the best results with scarce resources. If you treat them decently they will do the same but if you antagonise them I’m sure they can find ways to make life uncomfortable for you.

I reckon that people who complain about the Police are the same as people who complain about the NHS; both services are the best in the world but work best if you know how to get what you want out of them. This sometimes requires persistence and resourcefulness but when they do work, they are excellent.

Drac

sorry but those lines are pretty old and tired. if you don’t like your job go work in a call centre

Nice! It’s that attitude that has stopped and still stops staff coming forward saying they’re having issues and need help. But you keep it up there Gene Hunt.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Credit where its due..Police’ is closed to new replies.