Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Creaky rear end!
  • rossi46
    Free Member

I've got an Intense Spider with a creaky rear end (nothing to do with curry might i add!). I've stripped all the suspension pivots, cleaned em up and lubed them, and put it all back together again with the correct torque- but still it creaks! I have a rockshox MC3.1 shock on it and Truvativ stylo cranks and truvativ bb (though i dont think its the cranks/ bb as it creaks either sat on the saddle or stood on the cranks)- anyone have any idea as to what i could do to stop the creak????

thepodge
    Free Member

is the frame cracked? i had creaks that i couldn't fathom and it tuned out my swingarm was riddles with cracks

Zone
    Free Member

Welcome to my world… 🙁 We chase creaks every week… on all types of FS bikes. Find the source… easily said not so easily done.

Have you tried: Rear Qr, cables outers, clamp on seatpost, casette on alloy freehub body, creaking against the grooves forced into the free hub body,Chainring bolts loose, worn pedal cleats, pedal bearings, etc etc etc

Oddly enough you would be surprised how many turn out be the seat clamp needs cleaning , greasing and refitting.
    Does it creak when you are not sat on the saddle? say when you stand at the side and just press down on the top tube?

Also +1 the cracks in the frame!

zone

foxyrider
    Free Member

You missed out dropouts and mech hangers 😉 @Zone LOL

Zone
    Free Member

them too… etc etc etc 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

I had an infernal creak and it turned out to be the cassette. Nip the lock ring up a wee bit tighter and see how that goes. Mine sounded as though the spokes in the rear wheel were being pulled about.

rossi46
    Free Member

Thanks people! I will try the cassette and dropout options.
    Thank god- my frame definatly isnt cracked, and ive checked everything else.
    Zone- it creaks both stood on the cranks and when pushing down on the saddle.
    The investigation continues….

JustRide
    Free Member

I have the same bike and the same problem!!
    I have carried out a full strip down and rebuild of everything and still it creaks when putting power through the pedals seated or standing.
    I have changed:
    wheels, seat and post and clamp, bars and stam, brakes, pedals, BB and crankset.

Still no joy. I have checked all round the frame and nothing seems to be cracked, so I now I just ride the thing

rossi46
    Free Member

I have found a cure for this!!!!!
    It's called an I Pod.

Or just ignore it…
    …..suffice to say, i dont know what it is. Maybe it's the bearings- im just gonna ride it.
    Maybe an Intense Spider is like an Alpha Romeo- noise gives it 'character'.

jedi

chainring bolts?
    qr/bolt through axel?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Creaky rear end!’ is closed to new replies.