Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creaking Thomson Elite Dropper Seatpost
  • clunker

Less than 100 miles use, creaking loads!!! anyone with similar experience or advise how to sort please?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mine was from the first batch. It was in the habit of unscrewing itself (apparently due to inadequate factory application of Loctite). That produced a horrifying noise, as well as some play. It was eventually sorted by sending it back for replacement. Thomson are not great to deal with.

If it’s not that heinous, this stuff seems to be worth regular use.

🙂

martinhutch

I had that. You had to drop it and raise it again to stop the creak (temporarily). Eventually it stopped coming all the way up so it was returned.

The current one isn’t doing that, but seems to lose a tiny bit of height when it feels like it.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Aye mines from the first batch, been sent back last October after 6 months of use, it’s now creaking like a pig again, so I’ll be sending it back after Ard Rock. Iride are a bit slow, but it got serviced/sent back eventually.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Just spoke to iride, very helpful nice guy, but apparently they’ve never heard of the creaking issue! Odd since mines been back one with creaking, and two more people I know have done the same!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creaking Thomson Elite Dropper Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.