Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Creaking noisy saddle, help required please
  • chainreaction
    Free Member

Hello there this is my first post on this fine forum,I am really enjoying reading all the interesting threads it seems to be a very active forum. I am hoping someone can offer me a little bit of advice please. I have a saddle that despite it being tight in the clamp is quite noisy and creaks when you are sitting on it and pedaling, If I oil the saddle rails this stops the problem but then over not that long a time the saddle rails move because of the decreased friction.

Can anyone offer a solution that will solve my problem, if you can I will be eternally grateful as this is driving me mad.

Many thanks

Chainreaction

nosaintangel
    Free Member

had that problem with my scott carbon was’nt the saddle though was the seatpin removed it. carbon paste on it replaced .result 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Could be seat pin as above. Try a very thin wipe of good thick lithium grease on the rails as well, might stick around longer than oil. Also thoroughly clean the slots in the clamp that hold the rails. Other than this you might as well take the seat pin out, take the saddle off, and undo everything. Then clean and reassemble with grease or anti seize. The underside of saddles and the nice little nooks and crannies that are there are an absolute mud magnet.

I’ve also rigged up a stereotypical ‘old inner tube’ mudguard. One end ziptied around the seat pin low down then opens out and ziptied to the saddle rails at the rear. Doesn’t look mega attractive, but I runs reverb and it’s just too damn expensive a bit of kit to be wilfully left to the mercy of the British winter.

Good luck.

DT78
    Free Member

This has happened to a couple of my saddles when they’ve got old. I find spraying a blast of wd40 where the rails go into the plastic of the saddle normally sorts it by getting rid of grit that can get stuck in there.

Worst case, I’m sure your name sake has some sale saddles….

Hornet600
    Free Member

Not a Specialized saddle by any chance?

As above, I use thick grease in mine but the noise does come back……

nuke

My Spesh saddle creaks…I use a grease gun to inject grease into the saddle rail slots

chainreaction
    Free Member

No mate its a Selle SMP saddle.

Kindest regards

Chainreaction

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Might be your seat collar?

Id take it off, clean & re-grease.

chainreaction
    Free Member

Do you find that grease on the saddle rails causes slippage over time?.

Kindest regards

chainreaction

DT78
    Free Member

Dont put the grease on the clamping area, put it where the rails join the saddle…best to squirt it in the slot, so to speak

boblo
    Free Member

I have an Aliante that went ‘clickety click’ with each pedal stroke. Drove me bonceurs…. Tried spray lube etc. in the end, a smear of silicone grease where the rails are held at the nose sorted it. My B17’s do the same but a spray of lube up the nose ( the saddle, not mine – silly) makes for silent running.

chainreaction
    Free Member

Got you will give this a go and see what happens. Many thanks one and all.

Kindest regards

Chainreaction

scaredypants

if it turns out to be the rails, clean off the grease and try sellotape round them – won’t slip and might just seal out any grit

seriousface !

Cheers,
    Danny B

oxym0r0n

I have an older saddle that started creaking – superglue in the holes where the rails join the seat solved it for me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Creaking noisy saddle, help required please’ is closed to new replies.