Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Creaking C456
  • Irish_AL
    Free Member

Over the past month or so my on one C456 has developed a creak. Only happens out of the saddle, so far I have replaced the BB, headset seat clamp. The wheels have been stripped all bolts torqued etc even stripped and rebuilt the xt pedals. It’s driving me potty any suggestions? Or should I make an appointment with doc to have my knees checked out?

cynic-al
    Free Member

pedals and chainring bolts (greaseand tighten) and I hope you didn’t thow the BB?

Bars/stem too.

brownix
    Free Member

Try cable outer ends, make sure they haven’t frayed and there is a nice clean cut!
    Stem faceplate, correct torque, greased?
    Chainring bolts tight? Greased?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Greasing the chainring bolts is about the only thing I haven’t tried, that’s tomorrow’s lunch break sorted

shindiggy
    Free Member

Replaceable drop outs?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Yip spoke to on one about them, told to tighten as much as possible no specific torque setting apparently, still no joy

brownix
    Free Member

what kind of creak is it?
    Click or groan?

Irish_AL
    Free Member

More of a click

trail_rat
    Free Member

check round the BB shell

my mates carbon on-one – the racier one , is it lurcher ? the shell broke away from the innards – leaving a hairline crack round the bb shell.

same happened to his scott scale – both times with a really annoying creek crack noise under power.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Mine did the same thing, it was the drop outs, but tightening them made no difference. In the end I took both drop outs off cleaned them up and re installed them with a bit of pace carbon grease on the contact points. Its worked a treat, no creaking for months now

rhysw
    Free Member

Mine was doing this and it tightened the chain ring/ drop out bolts and it stopped. Could be either but I’m sure mind was the chainring bolts

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Right, it’s not the drop outs 😕

ojom
    Free Member

Got some anti seizey stuff on the pedal threads?
    Cleat bolts are a far out chance too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Front mech clamp?

marvincooper

Did you ever de-creak your 456? I have the same problem!

LardLover
    Free Member

I had an annoying click on my carbon road bike. After removing/cleaning/greasing every possible bolt it turned out that it was coming from the freehub body. There was about 1mm of play. Removed the QR, nipped up the freehub and voila, no more annoying click.

Might be worth checking your freehub just in case.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Creaking C456’ is closed to new replies.