Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CRC wishlist problem.
  • Davesport

I’ve had a whole list of parts on a CRC wishlist for about three months. There was a lot of stuff on there as I’m in the process of building up a Solaris. However, just as I was getting close to pushing the button my wishlist is now empty 🙁 I’d provided a link to the LBS for them to tender for the parts. That link previously went to the fully populated list, it now goes to a list which contains nothing.

Any idea what’s happened ? CRC have told me to “Check the settings on my computer” 😀

Thanks in advance, Dave.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Clearing cookies will wipe your list. If you have ccleaner or other maintenance software it might have done it…

honourablegeorge

Yeah, wishlist lives locally on your PC, a clear of the cache would wipe it. Link sent to the LBS probably expired.

svalgis
    Free Member

What they said.^
    I previously thought that it was saved on my account but learned the hard way that it’s just locally. I just bookmark everything now, partly because of that, partly because you can no longer add out of stock items to your wishlist (for some reason?).

Davesport

OK, thanks for the replies. CCleaner is likely to be the culprit as I use it now & again.

Many thanks, Dave.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Yer its “intelligent” cookie tracking function is anything but, disable cookie cleaning in the options and do it manually through your browser if you ever need to reset a sites cookies…

YW

retromart

I actually emailed CRC only last week about this issue, because of losing the list when the cookies were wiped, and also because the list didnt follow me around the various computers i use.
    Got a reply, apparently theyre aware its not an ideal situation, and are looking to introduce a list linked to your crc login, so guess its then always available anywhere – however, This wont be released until a new platform update, unlikely to be until the new year now.
    if you know the cookies are about to be cleared, just send yourself the ’email to a friend’ list, least you wont lose sight of all the components you are tracking until the price drops!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CRC wishlist problem.’ is closed to new replies.