CRC website wtf??

Home Forum Bike Forum CRC website wtf??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • CRC website wtf??
  • I’ve given up with CRC completely as the site’s too busy and all the computers I use stuggle to run it.

toby1

Looks like their search service is failing hence no results returned. I’d imagine it’ll be fixed later this morning. I used them this week for a pair of compression shorts, good price, quick delivery, really nothing to complain about!

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

I find the menu structure only displays 50% of times I use the site. Once going, I like product filtering options, but thats it. Its a horrible horrible website. Havent bought anything from them since the change.

bigbloke

Not complaining about their service used them loads over the years but the website is utterly awful got to be costing them customers surely?.

steezysix

Used to be my go-to site for bike bits, but I find it impossible to use on my Nexus tablet – been buying most of my stuff from Wiggle recently.

skiboy

moosive fail !

CRC if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, why did you change ? had to fiddle didn’t you eh eh eh eh

5thElefant

That website could easily bring down the company. Somebody has made a colossal cockup.

smell_it

I’d given up on their new site, but linked off Google to a headset I’m after and it went to their new mobile site. I thought at least they had now got a new mobile site up and going which seemed a step forward. Headset out of stock, so i tried to put my email address into the stock alert thingy and it wouldn’t recognise it as a valid email address!! It’s the same one i use for my account name, bellends. So headset bought from Merlin along with some enve carbon clinchers that looked too good to miss 😳

bigbloke

Just tried to go on their site , not used it since updated it. I can’t seem to get on anything there, I cant find how to get to categories and whenever I click a link on there it says “oops” or just does nothing?? Seems to redirect me to the sale section of which there is nothing showing there either.. Am I missing something ?

summitsup

Some if the smaller lbs sites are rapidly becoming seriously credible alternatives to the big hitters, http://WWW.jejamescycles.co.uk has a good range and their delivery service sends you a txt to let you know when your delivery is due to arrive. Plus their website works 🙂 been using for a while now and find them good.

smell_it

My last mail order purchase from Je james was such a pain i was tempted to start mailing them my own turds, but this was about 2 years ago so they may have changed.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

That site is a bloated mess, really slow to load, too much bad HTML5, on my tablet it’s painful and unusable.

Their previous site was very quick, why they didn’t give it a little facelift with some CSS, and make it user-responsive I don’t know.

robhughes

Utter crap.Can’t find a bloody thing now.
    Limited order history and one pain in the arse to use.
    Who ever designed it needs a good kicking.As said above they must be loosing a heap of money and thousands of customers.

boxfish

I don’t bother with CRC anymore. It’s obviously run by numpties if the new website is still borked.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Well I just went to go and buy new cassette and chain for eldest OAB’s bike and cassette, chain, bb, chainset and full cables for mrs_oab and brake pads for youngest_oab – and according to CRC they do not have any cassettes, or chains – anything in fact…
    I cannot trust that their site would look after my details securely: if they cannot get the basics right, how could they get the complex bits right?
    I for one am not using CRC for the foreseable (even if I could see any products!)

Try and buy a bike:

wordnumb

This website will surely cause the apocalypse, summon the Kraken and open a wormhole into the darkest dimension where demons await to steal cc details. Oh CRC, what have you done?

wordnumb

I blame Sam Hill. It’s all gone downhill since he signed with CRC/Nukeproof.

Markie

The only part that worked for me was the link to the survey.

Hello Rose bikes!

Kuco

I use Wiggle more now, I like the price you see is for all sizes not just obscure size that CRC quote.

Jamie

CRC probably don’t want to hear it, but they need to scrap the new site, and get a company who can actually code to sort it.

toys19

Or just go back to the old one which was 95% there.
    Plus they have deleted my account history for more than 6 months which sucks as I often say “oh a need another wotsit, I’ll find it in my account history and just hit buy”

CRAP CRAP.

Jamie

Or just go back to the old one which was 95% there.

Well, the front end may have been, but these things are like icebergs, and I imagine most of the changes, and what is causing the issues, were made for back end/server purposes.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Plus they have deleted my account history for more than 6 months which sucks as I often say “oh a need another wotsit, I’ll find it in my account history and just hit buy”

That shouldn’t be difficult to fix, as long as the architecture for the new site’s tables/schemas are similar.

Premier Icon mrelectric
    Subscriber

Yes, wish list & years of order history still not restored desite promises.
    See their FB pages for comments & responses from their IT Director.

The almost quibble-free returns they did is a problem right now too (other post on RF chain ring).

Buying now from Wig. Petra, Merlin & All Terrain (LBS) .

DT78

IT director should be looking for another job.

Premier Icon MikeG
    Subscriber

I fought with the site on friday to buy some bits, had an order acknowledgement email and paypal email to say I’d paid – this morning get an email from them saying I’ve got items in my basket (and listing what I bought on fri) and would I like to go back and complete my order.
    Log back in and basket is empty. numpties.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I needed to get a new wheel in a hurry. Tried and failed with CRC.

Ended up in my LBS – It’s the future!

Whoever is responsible for that site will be wearing his ass for a hat any time soon.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Personally, it’s not the IT Director’s fault – although the accountability lies with him. I’d say it’s poor UAT and poor FAT, and probably a poor specification of some really key NFRs around performance and usability.

Although this problem looks like it’d probably be resolved with a app server restart and db drop.

Surely they’ve got some IT support chaps monitoring the performance of the servers, and should be seeing some strange stats warranting them looking into it….? or possibly they’re looking for when the site is really being hammered, rather than when sessions are dropping off quickly.

bigbloke

Well On One got my custom today and browsed Wiggle which was surprisingly competitive for once , CRC come on sort it out. Oh and I agree with a comment earlier in the thread regarding random pricing on stuff depending on sizes being annoying/pointless.

5thElefant

Personally, it’s not the IT Director’s fault – although the accountability lies with him. I’d say it’s poor UAT and poor FAT, and probably a poor specification of some really key NFRs around performance and usability.

Although this problem looks like it’d probably be resolved with a app server restart and db drop.

Surely they’ve got some IT support chaps monitoring the performance of the servers, and should be seeing some strange stats warranting them looking into it….? or possibly they’re looking for when the site is really being hammered, rather than when sessions are dropping off quickly

😆

wolfenstein

CRC website fail.. Shifted all orders as i can to wiggle too

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Fixed now.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Sorry chaps, I had my Solution Designer head on, given my tweeked neck at the moment being a pedant is all I have left to amuse myself.

ChunkyMTB

It’s worse on a tablet.

summitsup

Smell_it. Jejames has got loads better. Delivery speeds have been next day for me. Had one wrong order (my fault) spoke to Carl in coms and problem solved in no time. Also you can get through to speak to a human pretty quick.. unlike CRC

bland

This must be a blessing in disguise for competitors and lbs.

Bet they all think all their Christmases jave came at once!

DT78

Whatever the reason, the it director is accountable as you said, if he had spent 5 mins testing it himself he would see it wasnt fit to be released. Quality is everything.

I know someone who would love to do his job, and won’t make the same mistakes, mail in profile 🙂

mindmap3

The website is a bit poo…although it seems yo be ok on my ipad. The delivery speed of my last order was impeccable though; ordered a RF narrow wide ring Thursday morning ad I had my dispatch email by lunch time.

They’ve dropped a massive bollock with the new site. I liked the old one, it was simple and clear.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘CRC website wtf??’ is closed to new replies.