Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CRC Warranty … what are the odds?
  • reeksy

Some years ago I bought a Saint Bottom Bracket from CRC.

Some time later it went all wobbly. I went looking for a new one and inadvertently discovered the Shimano 2 year warranty (incidentally whilst reading about it on another bike’s website that had c+p’ed the details from CRC!)
    Put in a claim and got a new one sent out.

16 months later the replacement died.
    Put in a claim in the same email thread and got a new one sent out.

Fast forward another 16 months and I’ve just added an email to the same thread…more for fun really to see if they even bother.

What are the odds do you think?

If I could get hold of a Hope or Wheels Mfg easily I’d probably get one of those tbh as i’d rather replace bearings but can’t be bothered fiddling with the Shimano rubbish.

weeksy

16 months is rubbish ? Seems OK to me in honesty… For the price they are and the mud and water we all throw at them, i don’t think 16 months equates to Shimano Rubbish.

intheborders
    Free Member

You get 2 years out of a Shimano/SRAM BB – don’t ride much?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Shimano is very sensitive to torque on the side loading,too much kills them. I’d expect that your two years are up and you’ll get nothing.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Triggers broom?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Technically, your 2 year clock starts with the first one and doesn’t reset when they’re replaced.

dc1988

Now my BB’s tend to last a long time (yes I do have a few bikes and don’t do huge mileage so wear isn’t that high), I’m on some BB’s that are probably 8 years old. I wonder whether the fact I rarely give my bikes a clean is a help rather than hindrance.

And no they’re not cartridge BB’s, SRAM GXP, HTII and e13

rOcKeTdOg

16 months is great if you are riding regularly in the UK, i.e. all year round in all weather’s. Especially when you can pick one up (pre Brexit/covid) for around a £10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CRC Warranty … what are the odds?’ is closed to new replies.