Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CRC up to 70% of end of line etc etc
  • akira

Got the email saying end of line up to 70% off and obviously had a look, one tyre with 75% off, two tyres with 70% off then the next biggest reduction was 55%. I know their advert is factually correct but it still irks me a bit, at least have a few more things closer to 70%, by the time you sort it and get to the bottom of the first page its 20% off.

stevextc
    Free Member

Just order by discount…. I rarely find anything but I have had a few 90%+ offs on stuff like brake mounts….

akira

That was with ordering by discount, I know everyone does it but it always annoys me.

ssmith1979
    Free Member

What? You mean that there isn’t 70% of ALL of their products? Gosh.

Kryton57

up to 70%

Its an actual fact, unless I’ve missed something?

akira

I wouldnt expect 70% off everything and admit its factually accurate but if youre going to send an email with 70% off in big letters at least try and find more than three products that are at that saving, they have plenty on the website with greater savings than that so why they didnt jut add a few things on to the list to make it look a bit better i don’t know.

JackHammer

That’s the Wiggle way. I’m slowly going off CRC.

deadkenny
    Free Member

It’s CRC. They’re an online discount retailer. Discounts are always on a limited selection and applied most on those products that are least popular.

akira

I think its more myself im annoyed at as im always suckered into expecting amazing bargains and just find a pink suspension rocker for a 2004 bike with 88% off.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

up to 70% off and obviously had a look, one tyre with 75% off

It’s not factually accurate!!

If they email says “up to 70% off” surely that means the “maximum discount 70%”. i.e. everything could be full RRP and technically that would be fine, but one item at 75% off means it is inaccurate?

akira

I was ignoring that as it complicates the issue. I’m still irked though.

stevextc
    Free Member

That was with ordering by discount, I know everyone does it but it always annoys me.

I used to let it annoy me but I did get a few genuine bargains…
    Usually it’s brand specific that isn’t really… I got some titanium disk adapter bolts for example cheaper than i could buy steel…

I just set myself a rule to order by discount and not go past the 70% mark….

Those sort of things are also good for stuff like brake hose and chains…. though not often better than 70% they can still be really cheap and I try and buy on discount…

New Years I got a pair of decent wheels for £100 (though that was Superstar) … they took like 2 months to arrive and needed rebuilding (unless you like non round wheels) but £100! 🙂

chestrockwell

Used to annoy me too when I was addicted to hunting out a bargain. Strangest thing has happened though and I reckon I’m happy with my bike as it is so have no need to look. I feel dirty.

Speeder

I do find that these emails are constantly just trawling the end of line bins for stuff that was already at that price. Not even worth looking anymore – straight to bin with them.

I miss the flood sale.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Yo misssd the good stuff it all went in 1945 in the past 45 year sale it’s pretty gash

Anyone noticed CRC not being that cheap anymore compare to other outlets

AlasdairMc

I paid £26.49 today for a 29+ Maxxis Chronicle, so I’m not complaining about the accuracy of the percentage discount on the sale. Bargain!

rickon
    Free Member

It’s an interesting business model, to base your whole success on manipulation of your customers.

They can’t ever sell anything for full retail anymore, as no one would ever buy it. It does make them vulnerable in the future.

jambalaya
    Free Member

CRC was sold was it not, now owned by same people that own Wiggle ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CRC up to 70% of end of line etc etc’ is closed to new replies.