Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CRC – shipping times
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Anyone know if CRC orders always move from processing to complete immediately that items are shipped?

Reason being I ordered some stuff on Tuesday hoping to get it by the weekend and have just noticed that it is still showing as "processing" – just wondering if there is any hope of getting it today.

I could email them but considering I also emailed them the other day and have not had a response it looks like the response times for that have dropped off as much as their shipping times.

Fishbone
    Free Member

I had some stuff delivered even though it was still showing procesing?

salad_dodger

CRC are currently updating their warehouse & delivery operation which (apparently) will improve the level of service they offer. Six days appears to be the standard turnaround for orders now. I placed an order last Monday, paid for 24 hour delivery, and the order wasn't sent until Thursday. Given that in the good old days whatever you ordered from CRC turned up the next day, the level of service you get from them now is pretty poor. I'll only use them as an absoloute last resort now. If I want something urgently I use Merlin who delivery next day without fail.

(Before anyone says I should use my LBS, I don't have one!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    krag
    Free Member

I'm in the same boat, off to Morzine tonight but the order I placed on CRC Tuesday was still showing as processing last night. Rang them during the day and they said it'd dispatch yesterday.

Checked the site this morning and it's now complete, parcel force tracker says it was in Belfast at 9pm last night so fingers crossed!

I've had a right mare with lots of online bike shops this week, Rutland and Discount cycles direct being the worst for letting you order stuff with 24hr and it not actually being in stock. Wiggle have been top of the pile for me lately.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Just shown up as shipped today. No chance of getting for the weekend then.

Laughably I started using them years ago because of the quick 24 hour turn around.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I had some stuff delivered even though it was still showing procesing?

Me too!

Jamie
    Free Member

I have had stuff delivered that was actually cancelled 30 mis after ordering and confirmed as cancelled by sales department. Apparently that was down to the 'new system'.

Came quick tho….

bigdawg
    Free Member

are the people that are expecting a 24 hour turnaround/delivery actually paying extra for the 24 service??

An order I placed this week took 2 days, was still showing as processing after I received it, but two days is good, if I wanted it urgently Id have paid extra, or paid extra and bought it locally…

salad_dodger

I paid for 24 hour delivery and here we are after 5 days and still no delivery.

When normal orders are placed I don't expect 24 hr delivery, but this is what CRC use to provide up until about 12 months ago so customers started to expect that level of service. Their website states that orders placed before 3pm will, if in stock, be sent that day so again a certain level of service is expected. Trying to get through on the phone to discuss any problems is nigh on impossible in my experience and emails take an age to get answered so al in all as far as CRC are concerned, I'm out.

Its great that you are able to buy what you need locally but unfortunately not everyone has that luxury. I'd love to support a LBS but I have yet to find a decent one in Bristol so rely (or not in the case of CRC) on mail order shops.

bigdawg
    Free Member

whose talking about supporting local bike shops – I got all my SIS drinks and gels from Asda yesterday – cheaper than wiggle were too… 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Asda selling cables and saint shifters nowadays?

Who'd have thought it?

krag
    Free Member

Well my order still hasn't turned up so I'm off to Morzine without new 5:10s, tyres and shorts. 🙁

My own fault for leaving it late I guess but thought 24hr delivery on Tuesday would've been enough time, apparently not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CRC – shipping times’ is closed to new replies.