Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CRC Selkirk Weekend – tips for doing the double.
  • jonba
    Free Member

Who’s going then?

I’ve registered for both rides this year so Sportive on Saturday and Marathon on Sunday. Plan is to take it easy on the road and try and beat my time from last year for the Marathon. This is my last proper weekend riding before the Kielder 100 so I’m hoping to be quick because if I’m not I’m going to suffer in September.

Who’s done the sportive before? Judging by the times there are either some very fast riders or it’s not particularly difficult. Which is it?

Tips for recovery overnight. Not done back to back events before so short of a decent meal and a good nights sleep any tips so that I can ride well the next day?

Looking forward to it. Selkirk looks like a great place to road ride and the Marathon has always been good, one of the best “race” courses on my events calender.

13thfloormonk

I think the sportive is about 90 mile, but there’s still some climbs in there, not the easiest but no Bealach Mor. I’m going for 5 hours on the basis that I’ll still have to give it a go without completely spending myself for the MTB.

I’m not going to overthink my eating, just stuff myself with pasta saturday night. Probably make a bottle of Rego for when I come in after the Sportive.

More worried about my back at the moment, doesn’t hurt much on the MTB but doesn’t seem happy about the road bike. Might need to spend a weekend on the Ibuprofen.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

My first time on the double too, I was wanting to improve my time on the MTB side but happy to plod along if my legs are mince the next day.

Training plan is to stay away from the lager on Saturday night 😯

Diane
    Free Member

13thfm – careful stretching before and aft to limit the backache

jonba
    Free Member

If your back is good on one bike and bad on the other than it’s your position IME.

Stretching works for me, not just the back but hamstrings as well. Ignore people who tell you to slam your stem and go for comfort (if you haven’t already).

13thfloormonk

If your back is good on one bike and bad on the other than it’s your position IME.

Stretching works for me, not just the back but hamstrings as well. Ignore people who tell you to slam your stem and go for comfort (if you haven’t already).

Yeah… I think its an injury (probably a week’s canoeing bracketed by long hillwalks…) which is exacerbated by the position of the road bike but not by the MTB. I’ve raised the stem a little and might just have to spend the day on the tops instead of on the hoods like I usually do. Have been doing some strengthening exercises but have been a little remiss on the stretching, will get back on it.

radoggair
    Free Member

Following last years efforts where i punished myself on the 100 sportive ( think i 4:30 ished), i unluckily crashed into a crashing rider which took me out of the mtb event whilst in the leading group i’m going for different tactics.

Plan is to
    A/ Be part of a group ( think we have some already) and take it easier on the Saturday but still aim for about 5hrs. 13fm, you can join us if you want
    B/ Stick in the leading group on Sunday, well try anyway, and aim for a goodish result. Alot of long climbs which are not really my forte but will pace myself as well as i can.

Eat plenty days before event, drink plenty as well, and saturday to constantly eat and drink whilst keeping legs fresh for Sunday

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CRC Selkirk Weekend – tips for doing the double.’ is closed to new replies.