Viewing 26 posts - 921 through 946 (of 946 total)
  • CRC security issues?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I sent them an e-mail on Tuesday and got a reply this morning with voucher.

rondo101
    Free Member

I sent them an email last week & got my voucher. One set of park cable cutter on their way to me for £2.99. Balance paid via paypal, natch.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

got two emails but the voucher only worked once 😕

andytherocketeer

Got the voucher (took a couple of days, which is fair enough – I suspect they are snowed under).

Now what shall I spend 30 virtual notes on? When my 2nd new CC of the year arrives of course 😉

don’t want to spend just over the 30 else the bank will think it’s a tester amount and will block the card again 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Now what shall I spend 30 virtual notes on?

I could do with a new jersey?

8)

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

sorted! made a bank transfer and they re sending it off early !

kaesae
    Free Member

So is CRC sorted then! who’s all buying what ❓

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If you scour the BBC there is am article about a very large scale SQL attack affecting hundreds or thousands of sites running Microsoft SQL server. I gather it happens because SQL queries are not filtered which allows rogue instructions to make changes to the database. Typically these change links to payment pages and allow the attacker to intercept your card details. These are then sold on. I wonder if CRC were victims of this same attack?

If There are security experts on here I would be interested to know more about this and how as a consumer to avoid these weaknesses

lesoxdh
    Free Member

My ban called me on the 19th january as fraud was noticed in my card and needed to reissue a new card. The call was just after I ordered some things from CRC. I did not know if it was because of this concern with CRC. But If it was I have got no voucher. From reading the tread it sound like it as the card was used to make a payment at newlook. I do not shop there for one thing. Pluse how did the bank know it was fraud on the account?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Oh well, looks like I’ve joined the list of the ripped off, well my bank has, a couple of 02 prepay payments taken a couple of days ago. Bank are reissuing card. How do I get the CRC voucher?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

bank cancelled my debit card this week as well, no news on why but I have my suspicions. All they would say was part of a large scale fraud risk

T666DOM

Well you can add my name to the list too, thought I was OK, but got a call today from barclaycard, about 5 unauthorised transactions today, western union, apple store and a few “streamline purchases” not sure what for. All in about £500 worth. Thanks alot CRC totally pain in the ass being without a card for the next few days

guattang
    Free Member

Interesting that other online web retailers do the right thing, and notify their customers when they have a security breach: bbc news

The company has contacted users of its online service to warn them about the data breach

Shame CRC don’t have the guts to do the same.

lowey

Me to…

30 to O2 and 20 to vodafone. Co-op bank never picked it up.

Transaction with CRC was 10th March… Keep checking guys.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Just found out my card has been stopped after a loads of attempts to register and take payment including Apple store US, PayPal card registration, Net a Porter womens clothing, £1500 mobile phones and £1500 Royal Mint!

Fortunately all declined but the fraud guy picked up on a transaction from CRC back on 12th March.

Keep checking!

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Bought loads of stuff off them and never been given a voucher once.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Got me. O2 top ups and £1000 at a French travel agency.

juiced
    Free Member

i’ve been done. Received my statment at the weekend and they got away with £200 of electrical stuff bought online, and THEN (after) did another $2 on a US site to check the card (on a statement i haven’t received yet) No doubt more purchases would have followed. Thing is they usually do the £2 tec check first to see if the cards live so were obviuosly preety confident about the inital details they had. Eamiled CRC 3 days ago and not heard a thing. Surley they shouldn’t just ignore my email! Last used CRC in the first week of March. Surely there’s more just a small perecntage of customers affected. ( Overall for the yr maybe) .Still waiting to hear from CRC ….

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Me too. Fortunately B/Card spotted a couple of very small unauthorised trasactions and put a stop on the card but this was only days after a CRC transaction,

juiced
    Free Member

having said all that CRC are usually spot on!

pixelmix
    Free Member

Bumpty bump. I bought from CRC at the end of February and my bank just called me having stopped 3 attempted transactions. Bank of Scotland seem on the ball since no money has actually left my account.

I rarely use this card, so likely to be CRC hole that got me. (Usual caveat that it could have been scammed elsewhere applies).

Be alert folks – I bought stuff a month and a half ago, and the attempted transactions were only this week.

ex-pat
    Free Member

*sigh* So, is the consensus that buying from CRC with anything other than Paypal is to be avoided still?
    It would be good to know a proper responsible (i.e. upfront about what they’re doing to eliminate risk) line from CRC themselves on here (I’ll be dropping them a line anyhow).
    Having swapped out my card at the start of this thread, I don’t want to compromise another one…

jools182
    Free Member

I foolishly used my visa debit card on CRC yesterday thinking that the security issue would have been well sorted by now

Anyone bought anything recently and had problems?

nickname
    Free Member

Card got done a couple of days ago 🙁

Don’t know if it was CRC related, but I brought stuff from them at the beginning of all these troubles, and thought I had got away with it.

The card only gets used for the weekly supermarket shop, as well as a purchase from wiggle.

scrappy
    Free Member

Bought some stuff last week and checking online bank account daily. No unusual transactions so far.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Only just heard about this CRC fraud, explains why I had to cancel my card the day before my holiday at end of Feb with associated hassle, it seems I was one of the ‘early ones’ to be done over. Not heard a peep from CRC, have bought from them since (once or twice on debit card, about 6-8 small orders using Paypal). My bank were originally on-the-ball in detecting the fraud but have been quiet since despite me using CRC again. I’d been VERY careful prior to this incident and only had the account open for five months when this happened. Will be checking my account again with a fine toothcomb later…

Viewing 26 posts - 921 through 946 (of 946 total)

The topic ‘CRC security issues?’ is closed to new replies.