Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 946 total)
  • CRC security issues?
  • guattang
    Free Member

No voucher here. I have not contacted CRC directly, and do not have my email address on my public STW profile. This would imply that they do not know who’s card details were taken, and so I would take the statement “only a small proportion of recent CRC customers were affected.” with a pinch of salt.

Blueadvocate

To add to the thread I bought something, with the voucher around this time, but used PayPal. So as noted by a few already I wasn’t affected.

forge197
    Free Member

Personally I won’t use crc again, I’ve never used Wiggle since there reported issues, although my LBS will use hotlines so the revenue will head CRC’s way, but personally I haven’t the confidence in their ecommerce infrastructure, their ability to support and secure it. This is a major breach regardless of how it’s spun and we will never truly know the scale.

I got the vouchers two of them both in deleted items. My very first CRC purchase was a nightmare and it seems my last has been too 🙂

cp

Personally I won’t use crc again, I’ve never used Wiggle since there reported issues, although my LBS will use hotlines so the revenue will head CRC’s way, but personally I haven’t the confidence in their ecommerce infrastructure, their ability to support and secure it.

LOL, what a very very short sighted view that is. Are you happy to use other online retailers even though to your knowledge they haven’t been affected? What’s to say they wont be affected? What’s to say CRC, Wiggle etc.. aren’t some of the most secure? Either before or from what they’ve learnt post incident? You use Singletrack. This place was hacked some time ago & alot of email addresses & log-in details went AWOL.

forge197
    Free Member

What’s to say CRC is fixed bar a post on a forum?

Your right the others could be attacked too, but in my post I reference LBS and not online.

The STW hack caused me no lost time and email is less sensitive than my credit card and personal details it’s not comparing like for like, business that hold cc details need to conform to pci forum owners for email address don’t

Ultimately my choice wouldn’t let it worry you to much 🙂

dazh

Personally I won’t use crc again….

I think if you shop on the internet this sort of thing is par for the course. Sure CRC have not handled this particularly well, and they have no doubt learned some very valuable lessons but I’m sure they’re now more on the ball with security than some retailers who haven’t been hit yet.

All you can do is to be vigilant, use a credit card (or paypal) and not a debit card, and watch your bills like a hawk, which all seems like common sense anyway. Either that or go back to waiting weeks for your LBS to source parts from perhaps the same suppliers and charge you more for them (that’s not a dig at LBS’s by the way, just a statement of fact).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I feel left out, cleaned out to the tune of £2.5k & no voucher for me 🙁

I need to order some new shoes too (with Paypal now of course!)

anc
    Free Member

Check your spam folder, mine went there. Or just add something to your basket then try your registered email in the voucher box 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Tried that, not beein having much luck with CRC recently, lost parcels, wrong stuff sent, replacement stuff never sent, card scammed…

Maybe I should try somewhere else!

dazh

Check your spam folder, mine went there…

Thanks for the tip! I just found another voucher in my spam folder to add to the one that went to my work email. 😀

faint
    Free Member

how is everybody getting these vouchers ? how do they know who to give them to ?

dazh

how is everybody getting these vouchers ? how do they know who to give them to ?

I sent an email telling them I’d been affected after they posted on here asking people to let them know. After emailing them I even got a personal phone call by Mr Cowan apologising in person for the hassle.

faint
    Free Member

e-mail sent, just wait and see if i’m to late. Need some new shifters though so would certainly be handy

iain1775
    Free Member

I didnt get done (as I spotted the bikeradar thread early on and posted here)
    No £30 voucher
    Wouldnt weant one anyway as I just saved over £30 on CRC prices anyway by using Rosebikes in Germany
    and it was delivered in 2 days by parcelforce, in sensible sized packaging
    Im happy to use CRC via paypal whenever but this opened my eyes to other retailers. The internet bike retail world has not been standing still during CRC’s rise to domination
    Yes CRC may be cheapest for alot of things still, but not everything, and the hassle of the large packaging for me delays delivery by 3-4 days as I have to get to the main sorting office to collect the parcel

DT78
    Free Member

No voucher for me either. Tbh I moaned on here but didn’t contact them about it.

Maybe if I take a copy of my statement and email it to them as proof…

quiddity
    Free Member

well i got the email about the voucer yesterday so thought i’d try it……

£35 order for just £5! & paid through paypal (as i will do for all sites now if its avaliable)

for those who havent had the email or cant find it, have you tried ordering? cos the voucher code is just your email address

Blower
    Free Member

Tried buying something off CRC today over the phone,card rejected.
    bank rung me straight away saying they had stopped my card 😮 over the card being copied…

realconspiracy
    Free Member

Paypal all the way. Be smart people.

coffeeking
    Free Member

So, remind me again would you – is it only people who’ve bought something in the recent future that have a problem – it’s been a month or so since I last bought anything from them, but ‘ve not checked my account for a while, am I going to get a shock?!

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes coffeeking it’s people that bought in the recent future 🙄
    In fact people that haven’t bought anything yet but might do a week next thursday

philfive
    Free Member

I ordered 7th march and got stung the week later. I used both my vouchers I got on Thursday night and my stuff has just arrived 🙂

emkay
    Free Member

arrrgghhh…

I was tempted back with the voucher so I ordered some Torq electrolyte tablets. Paid the difference with paypal and they arrived quickly on Saturday 🙂

Just went to use one and the whole box only has one month left on the use before date. 👿

I wont be able to use all 24 in one month, so they will have to go back.

bigjim

I don’t think Torq electrolyte tablets know what the date is, they’ll be fiiiine

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, your head will explode and kidneys pack up if you use those tablets just one day after their sell by date.

Keando

Tried to buy something using paypal but got an error message saying the details couldn’t be retreived from Paypal. Emailed CRC regarding this as I got caught once before so not going to use the replacement card on their site at the moment

kamina
    Free Member

Noticed over 3000€ on various stuff on my credit card today…

andytherocketeer

Guess who’s just had a fun phone call to Nat West card services? 😉

Was quite comical, the girl reading out a big list of Apple Store (got no Ipad/Ipod/Iphone, and don’t want one, ever), multiple times, many declined, £600 for BMI flights (thought it was a budget airline? obviously don’t need CC to get boarding pass, hope the plod cuff them at the gate), many £100’s at Shoestore or something, many times, enough to keep Imelda Marcos shod for a year, many declined and many reattempted and declined, £1600 at Swiftcover Insurance, many times, repeated amounts same day, … the list goes on. Total that she read out must have been 2x the credit limit on that card.

All will be refunded, card cancelled, but I think I have to fill in a legal declaration (Didn’t need to do that with my brand new Dutch CC that got pwned after 1 hotel and 1 paypal usage).

Cost me 20mins international call too 🙁

Got my statement yesterday… all perfectly fine, nothing abnormal, and ditto when I just checked online! My statement shows *EXACTLY* what I expected to see, so DO NOT rely on checking online, as that may not reflect what has gone through or attempted to go through!!!

Off to write a nice email to CRC now… 👿

chewkw
    Free Member

They have not solved the problem?

🙄

ftr1873
    Free Member

Received an apology and £30 voucher today from CRC. While it shouldn’t happen, sometimes things do go wrong. At least they’ve owned up and provided some sort of apology, not every company would do that, and a £30 voucher too. Although my next order will be through Paypal!! Like many of you I would guess.

andytherocketeer

They have not solved the problem?

they may have, but if the card number was out there already then the fix only stops future fraud.

mine were all from around 9th-16th March, and Nat West just got around to contacting me 🙄

and my statement date was about 1-2 days before my CRC order, so I only just got the next one (showing CRC order).

Harry_the_Spider

New credit card arrived today. No sign of any £30 voucher though. 🙁

Tom83

Contact them Harry, i did and got a phone call and a voucher.

blaggers
    Free Member

Just got a letter from Egg.. we are blocking your card as part of ‘ongoing security activities’ 1 week after ordering from CRC… Got a call about activity last week, all of which was mine, so not sure why they continue to think theres an issue unless CRC have divulged all the accounts at risk to the relevant credit card companies.

So a week without a card whilst i wait for a new one to be issued. I hope the refund from CRC gets back into my account!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I’m awaiting 2 refunds at the moment from CRC, 1 from something I returned as it was the wrong size so asked them to refund to paypal – this was on the card that got scammed, not had that yet, but the other item I’ve just been told it’s not in stock, something I purchased with my £30 voucher and paypal, but it’s still listed as being in stock, so after a phone call I’m told it’s not in stock 🙄 so they are going to refund me, ok … so I’ve been sent an email saying I’ve been refunded, but nothing is showing up from paypal, erm, so where have they paid the money to then? 😕

B-_good_effort
    Free Member

Just found an ’02 Prepay’ fraud on my mastercard 3 days after using it for a crc purhase. Thankfully my bank is now processing a refund.

GHill

No goodwill voucher after the fraud on my card, but then I didn’t report it directly to CRC either.

Currently in a state where if I can buy elsewhere I will. Will only use Paypal with CRC in future.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Just received a phone call from .
    Card is cancelled and a new one being issued.
    I placed an order last night, being told that it’s all sorted.

Trying to deal with this at school is no good!

r0bh
    Free Member

Email them directly saying you were a victim of fraud after a CRC purchase and you should get your £30 voucher. I did this yesterday and used my voucher today – paying by PayPal of course!

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I’ve phoned them instead,

They told me it’s just a coincidence when I havnt used my card in ages! And the deputy manage is going go follow it up with m bank and call me back,

I had 15 mins waiting to even speak to some one and then put on hold for ages!

I woluldjust like some recognition of where the fault is, a voucher doesn’t matter at the end of the day, bu I now means I can’t order my mums day prezzie or do any thing I need to within 5 days!

DT78
    Free Member

No voucher for me, sent them a ‘disappointed’ email saying my card had been comprimised last Friday. Oh well, ordered my reverb from merlin.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 946 total)

The topic ‘CRC security issues?’ is closed to new replies.