Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CRC reviews being selectively published?
  • foureyes
    Free Member

Heyup, has anybody else been writing reviews on CRC for items they bought, but that don’t get published?

iI’e left 3-4 star reviews for a few items over the last year or so, always with clear constructive descriptions of how the item clearly could be better, and none of them got published.

Anybody else noticed this? i know i should ask CRC about it, but perhaps others have experience of it too.

sssimon
    Free Member

no shit, a retail site that doesn’t put negative reviews on stuff they are selling?

heavens above, call in the UN

I posted a review on my Lynskey frame that cracked at 11 months old.
    They didn’t publish that one.

Aren’t there some sites that promise to publish all reviews, good or bad ?
    I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere, but can’t remember where. Halfords ? Screwfix ?

bratty

It should be the law that any site carrying review should declare whether all reviews are posted or if there are any links or affiliations between the companies involved. Otherwise such reviews are nothing more than adverts.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

If you publish a 1 star review on Audible you get the option of receiving a refund on the purchase but if this option is taken up the negative review isn’t published.

Worth knowing about if you’ve ran out of credits and need a book quick.

thepodge
    Free Member

There’s a negative review on their site about a rear axle.

But really do you think they are that bothered?

foureyes
    Free Member

sssimon – would it have been better if i had prefixed it with some hilarious “1st world problem” tagline? I shall be sure to check your posts to see if i can help you back in such a constructive manner.

I agree Bratty, and im saddened to see that this is already considered normal practice by some people. Amazon seem to manage to publish negative reviews, that CRC don’t seem to publish a constructive review which doesn’t happen to be 5 stars is a bit surprising to me.

svalgis
    Free Member

Are you guys sure they’re unpublished, not just a page or two back? The standard list mode is descending by rating (say what you will about that, but it’s about a trillion times better than selectively publishing them).

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ve seen and left poor to middling reviews.

Doesn’t it show the first few with the option to view all reviews?

foureyes
    Free Member

nah tried that, just checked CRC and they reserve the right to not publish reviews based on certain criteria, but not just on those criteria… ah well

patriotpro, i get the feeling those types of reviews are fading more and more, some items have very few reviews these days

patriotpro
    Free Member

foureyes – Member
    sssimon – would it have been better if i had prefixed it with some hilarious “1st world problem” tagline?

No, nothing wrong with your post-title and besides there’s enough of the “1st world problem” threads without more so as you were.

sssimon
    Free Member

call me cynical but I can’t see the problem, they have no obligation to post your review. Retailers don’t have reviews there to help consumers they are there to boost google rankings.

If you have “clear constructive descriptions of how the item clearly could be better” you’d probably be better aiming them at the manufacturer (although in the case of crc this is often one and the same)

not much humour on here thses days is there?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CRC reviews being selectively published?’ is closed to new replies.