Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • CRC problems :(
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

29/12/12 – I order a set of forks off CRC with 50% discount they weren’t in stock until 23/01/12

10/01/12 – I get an email to say they had come instock so rang to see when they were getting dispatched, they said they had 4 in stock and would send them out asap.

13/01/12 – I ring to see if they had been dispatched and they said they have had stock problems and I could wait til they come in stock again I tell him they have been discontinued and he agrees and asks if I wan’t to cancel my order. He then told me to look at the range of forks with similar discount.

So surely i’m entitled to some sort of compensation for the trouble?

darrell
    Free Member

its your own fault for trying to buy sommat from a bunch of shisters

lesson learned hopefully

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why should yo get any compensation? Sounds like they made a mess of it but kept you informed.

pastcaring
    Free Member

your entitled to **** all!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Shorty121

So surely i’m entitled to some sort of compensation for the trouble?

Yeah, you must be entitled to about £10,000 I reckon. You’ve got emotional distress, loss of earnings, then there’s your quality of life to consider which I imagine is just ruined now. You probably can’t sleep at night right? It’s probably taking a toll on your relationship with your family too. Those bastards.

darrell

its your own fault for trying to buy sommat from a bunch of shisters

Is that anything like a shyster?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Tandem – They made a mess of it but only told me when I phoned up.

Muddyfunster – I’m annoyed but not as much as it may seem, but if you bought something with £500 off and waited a while for it come and see them make a mistake and cancel the order.

darrell
    Free Member

yes but spelled badly

😀

Shorty121
    Free Member

Darrell – I’ve written it out 3 times due to the forum crashing so this time there is mistakes 😛

muddyfunster
    Free Member

As I see it you’re entitled to nothing, something with heavy reduction, limited quantities, you just weren’t quick enough off the mark. But hey, we all know that in this day and age if you cry and moan enough to a big retailer they will give you free sh*t. Who knows, if you kick up enough of a fuss crc might conduct a witch hunt and some middle management type might just fire some minimum wage computer jockey, just for you.

You can then rest safe in the knowledge that thanks to you someone’s life has been ruined because you didn’t get your fork. Perhaps human misery will be compensation enough for you, but I imagine you’ll settle for some vouchers.

hopefiendboy

FOR FORKS’ SAKE!!!!

freeman
    Free Member

tell em to get forked, or to fork off….. bunch of mother forkers

willfaz
    Free Member

hold on if you ordered and it said they were coming into stock, you entered the contract. They broke the contract when they could not fulfil the order. I would say you are entitled to something of the same quality for the same money.

If their stock system failed to assign appropriate stock to each customer that can’t be your problem! If four were on order and four orders got made for them, then ordering should have been closed, otherwise they are false advertising that the forks would be available on the 23rd.

Phone them and have a rant.

Did they take your money?

Shorty121
    Free Member

Finally someone agrees with me 🙂

They didn’t take money so I assumne they didn’t seal the contract

gmandavison
    Free Member

Willfaz is correct in regards to a contract of sale, however they can just refund your money and they’ve done all that is required. Something similar happened to me and they offered me the 2012 forks for huge discounts (the ones I ordered were 2010 recycled forks). However I didn’t rant at them on the phone I simpily informed them of the problem and asked if they could do me a deal for the new forks at was their fault why we were in the situation. You don’t wan’t to piss the guy off at the other end of the line, it’s not his fault personally and with all the mess ups they caused me and the conversations I’ve had with them lately I doubt any of them are in the mood to be shouted at because of an error in the ordering system.
    Explain how you feel cheating and feel compensation is required but also emphasis you not having a go at him/her personally and also appologise if you may sound like if your having a go at him/her persoanly.

gmandavison
    Free Member

WOW, reading that back I wouldn’t get a pass in English! 🙂

lucien

It’s happened countless times to countless members on this and other forums – seems to me, that money that should have been spent on a reasonable stock counting system has not been invested – so cheap online “advertised” prices are all that’s offered, and sh*te service when you do complain

weeksy

if CRC as so bad, maybe all you people who compplain should stop using them,…. oh no… you won’t…. because you want things as cheap as possible.

Funny that..

lucien

Ahhhh….Weeksy, I have stopped

gmandavison
    Free Member

I have stopped now and have even refused a £20 e-voucher from them as I have no confidence left in them.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I didn’t moan and have a go at the guy on the phone I just explained the situation. I’ve ordered some forks from somewhere else and i’ll still probaly use CRC as they have always been great.

pugster007
    Free Member

I agree, they have turned into a terrible company over the last 2 months. I’m still waiting to hear what has happened to my 2 week old, ‘all items in stock’ order. Disgraceful.

I will never, ever use them again.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Can’t believe you think you are entitled to something especially when they haven’t even taken any money! If you don’t like them don’t use them! Simples.

hora
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for my carbon bars.

They’ll probably arrive crushed.

hora
    Free Member

Royal Mail 1st Class FREE
    FREE OF CHARGE 1st class postage with NO signature required on delivery. Used for smaller packages that can usually fit through your letterbox. Orders usually arrive next working day, although sometimes delays can occur. No tracking information available.

No thats misadvertising isn’t it?

Come on. thats a lie.

weeksy

Why ?

hora
    Free Member

I selected that option numerous times and its not 1st class.

In addition on Tuesday I placed and order before the cut off point, selected ‘first class’ but hey presto the item is out on a 48hr parcelforce delivery (still not received).

Its misadvertising. I wonder if the ASA will do anything now that their remit covers claims made on websites.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just out of interest, what was it you ordered that you selected the 1st class option for?

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm i dont use crc anymore and havent for about a year since they had issues along time ago… i stick to ‘leisurelakes Bikes’ and ‘Evans cycles’… very happy with both these companys…

hora
    Free Member

Handlebars.

Right, so why am I able to select 1st class royal mail?

On previous orders it most certainly hasn’t been first class. I’d call it 2nd class (upon despatch/nevermind when they can be bothered to pick it from ‘processing’).

Taff
    Free Member

Did you select speedy dispatch? That has a massive affect on when your sale gets sorted. Also now convinced paying by paypal is slower byt a few days.

hora
    Free Member

Selecting first class mail shouldn’t take 3days.

Its misleading isn’t it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Royal Mail 1st Class FREE
    FREE OF CHARGE 1st class postage with NO signature required on delivery. Used for smaller packages that can usually fit through your letterbox. Orders usually arrive next working day, although sometimes delays can occur. No tracking information available.

I’d question whether handlebars, once packaged for posting, is something that would ‘usually fit through a letter box’, so guess that’s why it got sent 48hr Parcel?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘CRC problems :(’ is closed to new replies.