Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • CRC packaging
  • T666DOM

I know this has been done before but a box that would fit a pair of size ten shoes in, for ONE 5mm hope olive seems a little excessive to me. Don’t they have little jiffy bags in Ireland??!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You order 1 5mm olive?

Liftman

Been discussed many times before

postierich
    Free Member

As above

honourablegeorge

Had a few recent small bits in jiffy bags (and more than a few shockers – like a magazine arriving in a 20″x15″x4″ box)

T666DOM

Yeah, my hamfisted skills wrecked the one that came in the kit!!

T666DOM

It just seems crazy for a £1.99 item it must cost 3 times that for p&p. On the upside CRC delivery times have been spot on recently.

patriotpro
    Free Member

they’re owned by amazon

leffeboy

they’re owned by amazon

?

patriotpro
    Free Member

(tongue in cheek leffeboy)

Even amazon would use less packaging for what T666DOM ordered…

leffeboy

🙂 I’m still amazed that he manage to order only one olive. I can nearly always manage to find vast amounts of stuff to fill up an order

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m often tempted to buy one powerbar from evans just for the sake of it 😆

T666DOM

Im showing restraint now, saving myself for a splurge of xt and hope when my new frame comes!!

themoodster
    Free Member

Pish my haven bars just turned up in the box easton put them in with a postage label stuck on it.

catsplums
    Free Member

and oh my god are those boxes good for paper cuts!!!!

bryan-g-

Someone told me that Chain Reaction are royal mails biggest customer in NI and get full lorys to them selves and a they get a good discount.

bryan-g-

Someone told me that Chain Reaction are royal mails biggest customer in NI and get full lorys to them selves and a they get a good discount.

takisawa2

CRC have their own 747 Jumbo.
    I saw it on their website.

Superficial
    Free Member

Have a look on youtube for the videos of the vastness of CRC’s operation.

IIRC they fill three artic lorries / day.

Northwind

T666DOM – Member

It just seems crazy for a £1.99 item it must cost 3 times that for p&p.

The boxes are cheaper than jiffy bags (and also recycled, and recyclable), and being a massive corporate they’ll not have the postage rates you might expect. With a big warehouse simplicity of handling is better than saving a fraction per unit

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Your lucky as I just recieved some rigid carbon forks with the box open at the end.
    Not a happy chappy!

Crc I will be contacting yourselves regarding this tomorrow.

zerocool

They stopped using Jiffy Bags as they’re not recyclable. What with being full of plastic bubble wrap. Cardboard boxed on the other hand can be recycled.

Must admit that I am liking their Collect+ free returns process. It means I can buy something even if I’m not sure it’ll fit, or buy 2 sizes and send the wrong one back free. And when they have a sale on I can order everything individually so I’m not stuck waiting indefinitely when the 1 little thing I ordered as an afterthought is out of stock,

Drac

IIRC they fill three artic lorries

Cool stuff?

pitduck
    Free Member

“they fill three artic lorries”or one transit without all the cardboard 😆

takisawa2

Theoretically then, if 5,000 people ordered one Olive this afternoon, they would be sending out a huge truck for 10kg of brass & a tonne of cardboard.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘CRC packaging’ is closed to new replies.