Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • CRC order cancelled
  • crumpygrunt
    Free Member

Ordered some goodies from CRC yesterday and received an email this afternoon saying order was cancelled, for no reason other than some items you ordered may be out of stock. However upon checking the site, all items are in stock and all have been cancelled.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this this weekend? No live chat at the mo and won’t get any customer service until the morning.

theboatman
    Free Member

No but I’m still awaiting the second parcel to complete an order placed on the 1st of Sept…..

Customer service response was ‘We have recently upgraded our warehouse system to better improve how we can conduct business’, alongside a £5 sorry for your troubles voucher. Seen a couple of problems with Wiggle thread’s of late, and since they are now one, I figure they are making some infrastructure changes.

Whilst I haven’t been chuffed by the wait, I have had great service from both CRC and Wiggle for years.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem like you can choose next day delivery anymore on CRC.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Sounds like their system has been infected by Wiggle.

Wouldn’t worry about next day though. Never have managed to get next day from CRC, and was worse when actually paying for next day. It’s just next day from the day when they can be bothered to ship it, in my experience. I bank on three days if lucky.

baddddad
    Free Member

Yep same happened to me last week. Cancelled for no reason.

British Cycling codes don’t work anymore either

muggomagic

I had this when I’d ordered some stuff from them which was super cheap. They said they were out of stock and cancelled the order, but they were miraculously available at 10 times the price I’d ordered them at.
    If they’d said, “we’ve cancelled your order as someone screwed up with the pricing” I’d have been ok with that well I’d have preferred that to a load of BS.

theotherone
    Free Member

At least CRC emailed you. My order from Wiggle got cancelled. First I new about it was when I checked my bank account and found a credit to the account. Contacted Wiggle to be told the items were out of stock. No apology for not contacting me at all. Checked the webpage again and it shows plenty of stock. Got a better deal from Merlin in the end.

tomd
    Free Member

They’re getting a bit rubbish (er). Placed an order a week ago. Said dispatched last Tuesday but no sign of it and no tracking info available yet, it’s not been collected by Parcelforce.

crumpygrunt
    Free Member

Hmmm, seems to be happening quite frequently these days then. CRC were excellent about 10yrs ago. Place an order and it would most likely be delivered the next day, for free. It might be a case of getting too big and unable to handle the workload efficiently. Such a shame

chakaping
    Free Member

I had this too. Phoned and was told it’s ‘cos a load of stock is en route from NI to the new joint Wiggle/CRC depot at Wolverhampton.

They said they couldn’t just keep my order pending and send when they’d unpacked everything, for some reason.

Bit annoying as I used my BC discount. And I don’t have the large sum of money back despite the first cancellation note 4 days ago.

poah
    Free Member

No issue with my CRC order with BC discount or my wiggle order this week either. Ordered Thursday turned up Saturday.

No next day because they are moving warehouse same reason. There isn’t a collect plus return at the moment. Sent stuff back using the supplied parcel force sticker

Digger90
    Free Member

It’s what happens when Private Equity firms take over good businesses and ruin things.

Bridgepoint own both Wiggle and CRC these days and created the Wiggle-CRC Group Ltd. Same declining levels of customer service at each.

hot_fiat

Have definitely suffered from CRCs worsening despatch times. I now often get a notification from them to say an order has been shipped yet royal snail tracking will state that it’s not arrived with them for two or three days after that mail.

Perhaps there’s a gap in the market: cheap bike parts, stacked to the rafters in a warehouse that can process things in a timely fashion?

mulv1976
    Free Member

Almost three weeks since I ordered my bike from crc. After much chasing, it was finally dispatched and tracking updated only to find its now been sent to the wrong depot 😡

andy4d

For balance, but it was 2 weeks ago, I placed an order with CRC late on Friday night and it arrived Monday morning. Never had any issues with CRC orders…….yet

superram
    Free Member

Rick Draper – Member
    Doesn’t seem like you can choose next day delivery anymore on CRC.

You’re right. No Collect plus option available too at the moment. I emailed them last week asking what’s going off with the delivery side of things. I was told that the usual delivery options will resume once the warehouse move is complete in November.

boxxer7
    Free Member

My BC code won’t work doesn’t matter if your signed in or not.

deadkenny
    Free Member

hot_fiat – Member 
    Perhaps there’s a gap in the market: cheap bike parts, stacked to the rafters in a warehouse that can process things in a timely fashion?

Amazon are getting in there. Not vast amounts at the moment, but increasing amounts and more being stocked by them, not just marketplace sellers. Best thing is if it says ‘Prime’. I know I can get it next day, and maybe even same day!

Always found the online bike market a bit frustratingly slow compared to the likes of Amazon. Myself I’m not fussed about stupidly cheap grey imports / OEM stuff CRC/Wiggle offer, especially as it tends to be discounts on stuff they get in bulk of one particular size/colour that I likely don’t want. What I want is reasonable prices, dead quick, as frequently I need something now or nearly now. Yes there is the LBS but so many will say they’ll have to order it in and takes a week. Though don’t mind if I’m not in a rush, and their price isn’t stupidly over priced.

kelron
    Free Member

Shopping for bike gear in general is infuriating. All the online retailers maintain listings for discontinued items long out of stock, often showing the last clearance price, and they’re what comes up on a Google search.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

CRC aren’t what they once were – my recent experience has been orders are reportedly despatched same day/next day, but seem to take much longer to get through to Royal Mail

As a general rule nowerdays I have to make sure I’ve ordered by Monday evening to make sure it arrives by Saturday – used to be pretty much everything arrived next day

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve just lost £130 with CRC- they sent me the wrong size item, I sent it back to them and they’ve lost it and won’t refund or replace.

rickon
    Free Member

British Cycling codes don’t work anymore either

Email them with the code afterwards, and they’ll apply it retrospectively

dantsw13

My 105 shifter never arrived . No email after the “dispatched ” one, just found out when my Paypal got cancelled. Not impressed.

hot_fiat

I’ve just lost £130 with CRC- they sent me the wrong size item, I sent it back to them and they’ve lost it and won’t refund or replace.

If you’ve complained to them, have proof of postage and still aren’t getting anywhere, contact your bank and ask to raise a chargeback against the card transaction.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘CRC order cancelled’ is closed to new replies.