CRC mis-selling? Bit miffed!

Home Forum Bike Forum CRC mis-selling? Bit miffed!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • CRC mis-selling? Bit miffed!
  • Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Grrrr. CRC will pay return postage but still leaves you without any forks 🙁

Have a look at the Marzocchi 44 and 55 forks – they’re great 🙂

rocketman

I can understand your annoyance the Kashima coating would be the only reason I would buy some Fox forks 🙂

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

good luck with their cr4p customer service

foxyrider

yeah WW – exactly – the only thing I have bought off CRC in the last year and see what happens!

foxyrider

BTW – lady @ Mojo was very interested at CRC selling OEM forks as “Kashima coated” 😉

foxyrider

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=66464

Are advertised with Kashima coats and “appear” after market – arrived today – not Kashima coated and Mojo says they have OEM decals and as they are Tapered 2011 forks are obviously OEM – Grrrrrr!

If its too good to be true then it usually is!

mamadirt

I think the problem lies in the description which I’d imagine has been copied and pasted. I had similar issues with a set of Manitou Minutes a couple of years ago – decription stated air sprung but they were clearly OEM coil forks. I decided to keep them anyway but lost out as I’d failed to budget for a replacement soft spring as the stock was too hard (discovered, of course, once they had been fitted 🙄 ).

If unsure, I always email to check first before ordering now. They’re usually pretty quick to reply.

foxyrider

Update – very apologetic email from CRC – offering me money back and postage paid or partial refund or vouchers – reply within 24 hours so can’t complain about that part of it certainly!

foxyrider

Offered me £50 in vouchers so far 🙂

angryratio

i’d ring up and ask for a set of the right forks at the price you originally paid.
    Often pays to ring up.

I blagged some rockshox forks for 100 quid less than advertised in that very manner.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

Glad you are sorted.

Had a much smaller incident with CRC recently. I ordered some down tube stickers which turned up black rather than the sliver (with black edge) in the photo on the site. I’d wanted the silver as it matched the others on the bike (I was only replacing one letter that had peeled off) and being a black bike, black stickers were of no use. I sent them a cheery email just explaining that the photo on their site was incorrect and having spoken to Turner directly there were no silver ones left, only the new black ones, so they might want to update the site so folks will know what to expect. I got a prompt but rather terse response saying that images were only for illustration purposes,should not be taken literally and as manufacturers update goods regularly they could not be expected to keep the site accurate. Rubbish attitude. You know what you have in stock, you can actually look at the stuff, you don’t have retail outlets to maintain so maintain your damn site. I note 4 weeks later the image is still wrong. Not too fussed about getting the wrong stickers – they were only a few quid, but the mark of a good business is how you sweat the small stuff.

I would also ask for the forks that they advertised to be sent to you at no extra cost, if they have displayed \ described an item and they haven’t provided you with that item is against trading standards, i think ( i might be wrong) but items displayed in the shop front (or in this case page) are an invitation to purchase, basically this means if they dont give you the goods as described at the described price you have a legitimate claim for “the goods \ value advertised”

give it a go, i often find quoting trading standards gets you some money off!!!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

At least you got some forks for a proper price, instead of the ridiculous RRP on them now. eighthundredbleedinquid me arse.

foxyrider

Update: asked for £70 in vouchers and they have agreed (I quoted getting other OEM forks from another site for comparison) – trouble is CRC are not official retailers of Fox forks so I doubt they would get them from another Fox retailer? – they did say I could send them back and they would pick them up (which I guess IS their obligation). I did still want them even as they don’t have the Kashima uppers as they are a bargain – now with cashback and the vouchers I got them for £400 so am contented 🙂

Premier Icon woody74
    Subscriber

Of course they are OEM and not in boxes, with instructions, etc. How else do you think CRC, Merlin, Wiggle get there prices so low compared to your local bike shop. Shame about the description being wrong and to be fair I do think they should mark them as OEM but you get what you pay for. If a price is to good to be true then it usually is. Then again you still get cracking almost identical kit for a uber cheap price. I think it also helps to get around import duties as I seem to remember whole bikes are cheaper than parts.

Premier Icon woody74
    Subscriber

Not just that why is Kashima so bloody expensive. I think its only a coating like anodisation, you could get them gold platted for £30

foxyrider

How else do you think CRC, Merlin, Wiggle get there prices so low compared to your local bike shop.

I’m not that naive but due to their description I did actually believe that these were excess sold on full retail product! But yes as I also said above if its too good to be true it prob is but there you go 🙂

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

And as they are OEM you don’t have to deal with Mojo! Result:-)

I had exactly the same issue with CRC over a BlackSpire Dewlie chain guide. Picture on their site showed one thing and what I got was different. Again, they weren’t interested and told me to send it back if I wasn’t happy.
    I did try and point out that as an online shop, buying decisions are often made by viewing the items, but I got the “too many items in stock to update” argument.

Shame.

foxyrider

I see that CRC HAVE updated the description and now have taken out the Kashima description 🙂

TimP

Also in the “bit miffed with CRC” club but pretty sure there isn’t anything that can be done. Was looking at the Crank Bros headsets, and was going to get one but ran out of time yesterday, the prices went up overnight so I bought it this morning at £5 more than it was last night, and now it has reduced in price again. Still 50% off but just miffed that price went up and then down again.

supertacky

Ordered a pair of Mavic 819s from thema couple of weeks ago. Pictures were of the “disc” version. In description it also mentioned disc version. I swooped a got a pair for £60.
    They arrived typically late and once opened I found that they’d sent the non disc version with v brake surfaces. FUGLY!

Sent them back with an explanation of why I wanted a refund on items and postage and got a shitty responce basically calling me idiot.
    I got am item refund but no postage refund.

The website hasnt been updated.

They’ve lost it customer service wise.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘CRC mis-selling? Bit miffed!’ is closed to new replies.