Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • CRC – it's getting worse :-(
  • steel4real
    Free Member

Ordered a Saint CRANKSET & it was delivered today:-

Plain brown box- okay so their stuff is often OE rather than official aftermarket:-
    [/url]
    DSCF1619 by marcus4real, on Flickr[/img]

And it’sjust packed with twisted up brown paper – so deffinately not aftermarket then:-
    [/url]
    DSCF1621 by marcus4real, on Flickr[/img]

It get’s ‘better’ there are some instructions, but NOT for a crankset, they are for a chain ???
    [/url]
    DSCF1620 by marcus4real, on Flickr[/img]

And finally here’s the contents:-
    [/url]
    DSCF1623 by marcus4real, on Flickr[/img]

so there is a ‘bonus’ a chainring is attached – except there is no bottom bracket or crank bolt, so not much use then.

It’s supposed to be a crankSET, and even one of the questions asked on the web page is about the bottom bracket and the response from Andy@CRC is yes, there is one included. My eye.

Needless to say it’s going back.

Doubt I’ll even get a response from my submitted concern, let alone an explanation.

So I’ll just buy what I want elsewhere and I’ll bet that IS genuine aftermarket as well !

project
    Free Member

and 10% off everything , but you have to spend 90 quid to get 10% off ANYTHING.

ANOTHER POINTLESS EMAIL TELLING ME ABOUT THAT. AND NOW A BANNER HEADLINE ABOVE.

stumpyjon

Sick of receiving their emails despite unsubscribing many times and not buying anything for 2 years, dubious company full stop

boxfish
    Free Member

After the website downgrade, I just stopped using them altogether. Also noticed the inability to unsubscribe…

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s supposed to be a crankSET, and even one of the questions asked on the web page is about the bottom bracket and the response from Andy@CRC is yes, there is one included. My eye.

My advice is to always ignore the Q&A section on the website.

Cool story:

I wanted to buy some tyres, but it wasn’t clear in the listing whether they were the folding or wire versions. Before ringing them I had a quick look in the Q&A section, and saw someone had asked the same question, and been given the answer from CRC that they were indeed folding.

I bought the tyres, and of course when they turned up they were wire bead. I contacted them to point out the Q&A error, and it’s still there 1 month later.

matt_outandabout

I stopped using CRC.

Jamie
    Free Member

I stopped using CRC.

I’ll still use them, but only because they have free returns. So I know it won’t cost me to send stuff back due their mistakes.

Still more good experiences than bad, tho.

….oh, and £5 says someone, apart from druidh, will be along shortly to say they ordered an item today, and it arrived yesterday along with a voucher for a free BJ and a steak dinner.

scotroutes

I ordered an item today, and it arrived yesterday along with a voucher for a free BJ and a steak dinner.

Paypal to this email address please.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

I’ve not had a single problem yet, but I’ve actually started ordering less from them and moved to others after seeing a few posts on here now about them.

bikeneil
    Free Member

You could always use a proper bricks and mortar bike shop, no?

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s one option. Online purchasing is another. That’s the benefits of living in a democracy.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

+1 on their tyre listings, often they just list the name, no description as to whether it’s wire/folding etc.

If you order a bolt it’ll turn up in a bike box!

mikey74
    Free Member

I had great service recently when I had to return some gloves that had split. Also, the drivetrain parts I ordered came properly boxed and in haste.

Jamie
    Free Member

and in haste.

Is that like bubblewrap?

legend
    Free Member

Or call them and get then to send a BB out?

bikeneil – Member

Your LBS stocks Saint stuff? Lucky bugger

Dogsby

CRC is actually my LBS as they have a shop on Boucher Road in Belfast. It’s excellent!

tomaso
    Free Member

My Slx double and bash came in a posh Shimano box with BB and all nuts and washers and numerous manuals.
    I also order some overshoes last Friday mid-morning and they turned up Saturday lunchtime 😉

andypandy85
    Free Member

Your LBS stocks Saint stuff is as cheap as CRC? Lucky bugger

mikewsmith
    Free Member

legend – Member
    Or call them and get then to send a BB out?

bikeneil – Member
    Your LBS stocks Saint stuff? Lucky bugger
    Mine has various stuff in stock and can get shimano that is available tomorrow (the right stuff in boxes too)
    Price is competitive and it will be fitted if you want.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Ordered some shoes for the wife. I ordered the wrong size. I had a £10 voucher off deal. I sent them back at the same time I sent some faulty wheels back to On One. Refund from Chain on Monday. I had ‘lost’ the £10 voucher, but had ordered the next size up shoes, which showed on my account, so a quick call and I get the £10 off again. Happy bunny with them. As for On One. Spoken to people, sent emails and so far, its friday tomorrow and still nadda zilch of my money back……..

kimbers

OP cant you just email CRC and ask them to send a BB and crankbolt, ime they are quick to respond to this kind of thing

zippykona

My jacket was cheaper than anywhere and arrived in less than 24 hours.
    Hopefully normal service has resumed.

oldfart

Bought a Kona Dr Good after a size muddle up they sent a new box took the bike back and sent a replacement .£350 reduced from £700 fully PDId plus a free half decent pedal spanner and an Allen key set both made in Taiwan and a water bottle . Then a week later a free pair of lock on grips as it was customer service week .

toys19
    Free Member

new website has ruined it for me, used to be awesome. now it sucks.

still better than on one/planet x, their website was never any good and it still sucks. They have a new one in the works which is also crap. Merlins search function is rubbish. The world has gone to the dogs.

scandal42
    Free Member

The amount of badly functioning bike shop websites is baffling considering the money going through them.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I ordered a steak and a bj today, still waiting.

chip
    Free Member

I ordered a bj and a steak yesterday.
    And received a hand job and a burger this morning.

Bitterly disappointed.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I ordered a new brake for my road bike and it was fine but didn’t come with the bolt. I emailed asking them to send me a new bolt that was listed for 1.99, they sent me a whole new caliper. I ordered the replacement bolt for the first one and now have two nice new brakes.

That is the only problem I have had with CRC.

iain1775
    Free Member

OP cant you just email CRC and ask them to send a BB and crankbolt, ime they are quick to respond to this kind of thing

+1
    the one time I had to contact them about a few issues with a frameset that admittedly where not of their doing, (but of course warranty claims lie with them) they where excellent, replyed within a few hours, sent me out missing parts next day, special delivery no questions asked and the one bit they didn’t have in stock they actually went online, and refunded me the cost to order it from wiggle who where showing it in stock (I then ordered it myself from bike discount.de significantly cheaper 🙂
    They also paid for new fork decals to be ordered from Slik as the ones sent where for fox 40’s not the 32’s included with the frameset (again Commencal packed the box not crc)
    Can’t fault them customer service wise if you actually complain to them direct rather than posting your woes on a bike forum
    New website however is gash and i too have not used them since it was launched

reggiegasket
    Free Member

but you can add value to your house with their packaging….

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

New website is absolutely terrible, and I’ve had similar issues to the OP with the product description not matching the product delivered (tyres – described as folding, wired versions turned up) but they are good with returns.

I haven’t used them for over a year now primarily due to the website changes.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

I ordered the wrong pedals once (my fault), arrived at around 8am one day. I went on and ordered the correct set at about 10am that day and they turned up at 8am the next day. With 365 days to return the old set, free of charge.

Can’t really complain at that.

Also:

ANOTHER POINTLESS EMAIL TELLING ME ABOUT THAT. AND NOW A BANNER HEADLINE ABOVE.

I’ll be ordering myself a shiny set of pikes that’ll come in at around £550. Not exactly a bad thing either.

Drac

Used them yesterday for the first time in ages for some tubes for my CX bike, they were dispatched within an hour.

I got 10% yesterday and spent less than £18.

Drac

And now the order has arrived. Damn you CRC with your efficiency.

plyphon
    Free Member

If you’re getting frustrated with their spam you can report them to various spam-fighting people who will cause more trouble for them than it’s worth, and then they’ll fix their eshot unsub link.

For example, Microsoft regularly stop companies sending to @live and @hotmail email address for spamming quite regularly.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Think the pedal spanner and Allen key set is standard with their bikes, I got the same when I bought a road bike earlier this year.

steel4real
    Free Member

Update – due in fairness to CRC – I buy and have bought a fair bit of stuff from them, appreciating the prices, normally quick delivery and option to return stuff for free.

In this case things went a bit shabby but CRC have responded within hours and offered both a bottom bracket and compensation in the form of a discount voucher.

hooli

I ordered something from CRC this week and it was delivered next day and it was well packaged. Price was less than Wiggle or ebay too.

andyrm
    Free Member

If you’re getting frustrated with their spam you can report them to various spam-fighting people who will cause more trouble for them than it’s worth, and then they’ll fix their eshot unsub link.

Or just delete it.

Drac

Or set a filter up that marks it as read and deletes it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘CRC – it's getting worse :-(’ is closed to new replies.