Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • CRC going to the dogs?
  • paul_j
    Free Member

I placed an order with ‘Europes largest’ last week and paid for special delivery to make sure the order arrived quickly.
    Did it turn up on time? Err no.
    Had RM received it from CRC on time? Err no – at least according to RM *takes that with pinch of salt*
    Did CRC answer my emails? Err no.
    When I finally spoke to somebody on the phone – which took some doing as it always seems to be engaged now – I was told it was nothing to do with them and wait 7 days or go running round my local post office sorting depot to look for it myself. I was even told that Special Delivery can only be tracked after delivery, err no thats recorded delivery, and the fact that RM didn’t show it as logged onto the system or track it online in any way was not down to CRC. I’ve asked for my postage to be refunded by CRC as I didn’t get what I paid for but guess what? No reply.

grrr rant over…

Is it just me or have standards dropped as CRC have become bigger?

poppa
    Free Member

I had problems with deliveries last week – it did snow a bit mind.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Interested to check into this, let me know the details, email me rather than posting please.

Andy.

zaskar
    Free Member

Royal Fail?

They smashed my laptop up!

I feel sorry for businesses like CRC getting slack due to Royal Mail.

Currently taking my laptop warranty ppl to small claims court due to Royal Fail!

rs
    Free Member

paul, its world’s largest now, do you not look at the ads?

Seriously though, looking at CRC last night and just about everything i was interested in was out of stock.

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

yea they are getting ropey, i mean they will hire anyone now.

ton

never ever ever ever had a problem.

glenh
    Free Member

Also never ever had a problem, in probably 6 years of using them regularly.
    Quite often stuff arrives before the confirmation of shipping email has arrived!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I seem to be having a problem with them too. The last two things I’ve ordered from them have just completely ignored my delivery address request. I fill in the form online and then it arrives at my house rather than where I wanted it posting. This is a massive arse ache.

hora
    Free Member

I think CRC should have a customer feedback email address or at the very least a post-order questionaire. I like CRC but every (successful) company needs this.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Andyhilton – Member
    I seem to be having a problem with them too. The last two things I’ve ordered from them have just completely ignored my delivery address request. I fill in the form online and then it arrives at my house rather than where I wanted it posting. This is a massive arse ache.

I’ve had this problem to BUT it was down to paypal not CRC.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

andy, if you read this, can you answer this question (e-mailed it on monday but no replies)

Is the part in the link below the BB spacer that sits on the threads of the cups or is it the elastometer bit that sits on the axel for preloading the bearings? The instructions say they should be in various sizes, is that correct? In which case do i need to order all three?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29489

bomberman
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, i’m not surprised they didn’t answer that mail TBH. I’m sure they’ve got better things to do than answer every numpty technical question (like running a business). Why didnt you just ask on here or look the answer up on the net, or do you expect a full-on google search service as well as cut price goods?

takisawa2

Ordered some grips on Sunday morning.
    Had order despatch email Monday morning.
    Recieved them Wed morning.
    So no, no problems here.

bomberman
    Free Member

thisisnot a spoon, i’ve done the hard work for you, took me all of 2 minutes with a google search of the product title copied and pasted from the CRC product. Here is a link to the info:

raceface FAQ

it’s on the left hand column exactly the fourth question up from the bottom:

Q: Where do the 1mm spacers go when I’m installing my crank?
    A: The small spacers are used to adjust your chainline from side to side to reach the ideal chain line position for your set up. The standard configuration of 1mm spacers is going to be 2 black spacers on the drive side of the spindle and 1mm black spacer on the non-drive side of the spindle. This arrangement will yield a chainline of 49mm on most bikes.

the clue is in the product title “chainline spacers”

sorry to be a smart-arse but if the guys at CRC are sitting around answering questions like that all day via email/phone then i’m not surprised standards are slipping in the delivery department.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no, but without the foggiest idea of scale, is that a BB spacer or an axel spacer, or something entirely different?

bomberman
    Free Member

By the way i am unemployed and could do with a job(hint hint 😉 )

bomberman
    Free Member

its a BB chainline spacer – as per title

therevokid
    Free Member

Most of the time CRC are good, but occassionally …..

Order part “A” for RM special before 1pm, …. wait 10 days !
    part “a” arrives with a different tracking number !!!!

Now I’m not normally a suspicious person but … out of stock mayhap ???

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

in my defence that FAQ page makes it a lot clearer than the instruction manual i had in front of me, i’m swaping them between bikes so dont have the full compliment of spacers/spares to hand.

tops5
    Free Member

My new brakes came yesterday, ordered Monday. No problem.

Speshpaul

4 out of my last 5 orders have been imcomplete, that is the items are advertised for sale as being in stock and are paid for. But then cancelled.
    The last order 2 item, one cancelled the other was instock every day of the week it took to be dispatched.
    So will i keep on using CRC yeap i guess, but i’ll treat it more like a lucky dip!

Coyote
    Free Member

NEVER had a problem with CRC. In fact only this week I ordered a Helly Hansen base layer and Endura Humvee shorts liner on Tuesday, just before lunch. On Wednesday morning my postie handed me said parcel. Always had good service.

Maybe they have set the bar too high and are now a victim of their own success?

nickegg
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them either. Nearly always turned up next day. Ordered socks yesterday afternoon and i’m wearing them now! Perhaps it’s more to do with delevery address. Some RM sorting offices are surely better than others.

Delivery to wrong address when using PayPal is not Chainreactions fault. Address confirmation in on the PayPal apge isn’t it. I always have to change mine from one i had 3 years ago.

jfeb
    Free Member

I’ve not had an issue. Ordered a pair of shorts at lunch time yesterday. They arrived this morning. Marvellous 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I’ve had issues with them previously – same ones as Speshpaul, and have now switched to Wiggle, who have been exemplary thus far.

climbingcragrat
    Free Member

I ordered some grips Tuesday evening and they arrived today in the morning so no complaints at all. Well done in fact.

Ordered some shifters from wiggle last week and they arrived after four days so really good also.

Be fair guys sometimes things don’t go well but that is the same with many internet sites. The moral must be stick to what works for you.

Cheers

Jimbo
    Free Member

“I seem to be having a problem with them too. The last two things I’ve ordered from them have just completely ignored my delivery address request. I fill in the form online and then it arrives at my house rather than where I wanted it posting. This is a massive arse ache.”

Why not just add another delivery address?

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have to say that I too have recently had a problem with CRC in terms of who is doing the picking for the orders it would seem. I ordered a race face triple carnk set and had delivered 24hrs later a single and bash!!!
    To b fair I returned them for a refund which was done rapidly and just went to the LBS instead as I wanted to ride my new frame.
    So my suggestion to CRC is take a look at those that are picking the orders as one place to start tightening up the ship to maintain what always has beeb in general for me firts class service.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Never had a problem with CRC and I’ve been using them for about 8 years, although I havent bought much off them recently.

Seems they have really increased in size in the last couple of years, I remember when they used to advertised in the magazines and you had to phone up to order.

I can see where peoples frustrations lie when CRC wont respond to phonecalls or emails if something has gone wrong.

Another good company are Merlin, they seem to sell stuff jsut as cheap as CRC and they answer the phone too.

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve had a few recent problems with CRC – they wouldn’t sell me a pair of Easton Wheels for £0.00 despite pricing them that on the website – 🙁 The advertising of prices generally (using “Now £60” when they mean “From £60”) is gr1pping my sht a bit.

My latest and perhaps only real complaint was sending me a helmet of the wrong size. Sent me a large instead of a medium. I can use it as my head size is 57 but it wasn’t what I ordered. No response to my email either.

konakulakid
    Free Member

do they only hav 1 phone line???? feels like it

paul_j
    Free Member

Well in my case it has now all been sorted out satisfactorily by Andy and from his reply it seems they are taking on quite a few extra staff for both customer service and sales so it sounds like they are not standing still on this.

As others have said it appears CRC have made a rod for their own backs by previous high standards of performance and are now suffering a touch from growing pains. Its nice to hear about new jobs too in the current climate rather than more jobs going 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve bought a ‘zocchi adapter, its not arrived yert and guess what, I’m not that bothered 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘CRC going to the dogs?’ is closed to new replies.