Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • CRC first bad experience. XT brake order cancelled
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Literally spent thousands over the last few years with CRC but had a weird experience with my last order.

With the thread about good price shimano brakes I ordered an XT rear brake, ice tech rotor and mount Sunday night.

Got an email to say it had been shipped Monday.

Wednesday still nothing in the post. Then get an email at 14:00 to say it has been shipped again, very strange.

Then get an email at 16:00 to say the brake is out of stock and has been cancelled from my order. But they will still send me the mount and ice tech rotor.

How is a disc and mount going to be any good on its own!

When I placed the order the brake showed as +5 in stock. It even shows +5 in stock now! however they have put the price up.

Any one else had this with the cheap shimano brakes?
    I guess they have had huge volumes of sales for them but still doesn’t make sense why they show in stock still and I was sent a shipped notification on Monday.

singlespeedstu

I ordered a pair of XT brakes and they sent me a goods despatched email.
    They then sent me another email saying one of the brakes was out of stock.
    Today one brake arrived and the one that’s supposed to be out of stock is still showing as in stock…

davosaurusrex

Mine were apparently shipped on Monday as well but haven’t turned up so I’m starting to think they might not be coming. I’ve spent a fortune with them over the years too so will not be impressed….

fathomer

I had the same with an XTR shifter a while back, I went else where in the end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Then get an email at 16:00 to say the brake is out of stock and has been cancelled from my order. But they will still send me the mount and ice tech rotor.

How is a disc and mount going to be any good on its own!
    Could be, but the computer doesn’t know.

matt_outandabout

I haven’t ordered a thing from them since they changed the site. If they cannot get the basics right, how can I trust them with payment information?

pussywillow
    Free Member

Yep crc a big con, doesn’t even let you go to classic site anymore, also don’t give you the tracking number which they use to.. obvious con, and for that reason I don’t use them anymore. 8)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I ordered a Chainset off them, but when it went to the confirm payment page, it crashed.
    So I tried again.
    And again.
    Each time saying it hadn’t gone through.

3 days later 4 chainsets arrived.

🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i think the “live stock” has issues, issues or that it doesnt exist anymore

i ordered some obscure headsets the other day, showed 3 in stock, ordered all 3,

after checkout it still showed “3 in stock”

then when i got the email saying order dispatched – the website was updated to show zero stock

davosaurusrex

I was thinking of buying a pair of Pikes from them as the default easy choice. On current form I’m thinking of paying slightly more to get them from bike.discount.de, seem to be the safer option….

zilog6128

I haven’t ordered a thing from them since they changed the site. If they cannot get the basics right, how can I trust them with payment information?

because taking a secure payment is a piece of piss compared to automatic stock control of a massive warehouse with thousands of sales every day?

fasthaggis

I blame the PSAs on here,poor CRC getting slammed within minutes of info being posted on here.
    The power of the STW massive(+lurkers) 😀

Scapegoat

I ordered a Chainset on Sunday night, got an email telling me it had been dispatched on Monday morning 7 am and guess what? It arrived Tuesday morning. Bastards.

davosaurusrex

Well done you.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

I ordered a Chainset on Sunday night, got an email telling me it had been dispatched on Monday morning 7 am and guess what? It arrived Tuesday morning. Bastards.

I know that’s the service I am used to.

I’m beginning to think every man and his dog has ordered XT brakes and caused a melt down at CRC.

Doesn’t excuse them sending emails telling me goods have been dispatched when they clearly haven’t.

Let’s see if the postie brings me any goodies tomorrow.

nuke

Meh, some you win, some you lose…that’s the way its seems to go with these PSAs. I saw the hope hoops halfords PSA thread: ordered, paid, got nothing…oh well, worth a try but not out of pocket.

davosaurusrex

True, the whole “I’ve spent a fortune” angle is worthless when you consider all CRC seems to be is a massive automated warehouse distribution network in the last few years.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

because taking a secure payment is a piece of piss compared to automatic stock control of a massive warehouse with thousands of sales every day

managing stock levels is different to actually sending emails stating an item has been dispatched when it not only hasnt been shipped, its out of stock.

They must have recruited someone from Evans to cock that up.

euanc
    Free Member

managing stock levels is different to actually sending emails

Not really when both are automatic processes, if computers can cock up one they can cock up the other.

As someone said before, you win some you lose some…

badbob
    Free Member

live stock in the warehouse, vs frequency of sales, vs latency on the website/payment gateway.

some of these processes will be out of crc’s control

trail_rat
    Free Member

better than evans – the LAST psa for joysticks on here – i though ill have me one of them.

found out after i had a couple of issues that what they were actually selling (but not declaring on the advert) was a warrenty return…. found this out because they left the return letter from the previous recipiant in the case…….

never mind for 106 pounds i still got an as new joystick and red eye after exposure worked their magic on it.

colin9

They sent me a large box full of somebody else’s order last week – couple of sets of bars, track pump, some other stuff. Sent it back to them (I didn’t need any of it anyway!) and got a voucher in return.

Jamie
    Free Member

Recently I have had naff service, both minor and major issues, from everyone but CRC. So rest assured some of us are getting decent service.*

*Ok, they did send out a wire beaded tyre which was described on the site as a folder 8)

johnellison
    Free Member

Not really when both are automatic processes, if computers can cock up one they can cock up the other.

Computers don’t make mistakes. Operators/programmers/developers make mistakes. Computers only do what they’re told to do.

live stock in the warehouse, vs frequency of sales, vs latency on the website/payment gateway.

some of these processes will be out of crc’s control

^This

davosaurusrex

Mine just turned up, huzzah!

Jamie
    Free Member

Mine just turned up, huzzah!

Good stuff.

Now all that remains, is to put all your toys back in the pram. 8)

davosaurusrex

Where would be the fun in that? In fact I might sue them for emotional distress after all this

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘CRC first bad experience. XT brake order cancelled’ is closed to new replies.