Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CRC Custom Wheel Builds
  • hopkinsgm

Anyone had custom wheels built by CRC lately? Any opinions? I had a set from them around 10 years ago and they weren’t great. They came not quite as true as I’d expect a new wheel to be. Running a plectrum round the spokes showed the tensions were all over the place. Whilst trying to nip up the tensions on a couple of visibly loose spokes, I found that they appeared to have rather messily threadlocked the nipples, making the whole sorry mess a right old faff to put right.

Hope seem to have run down their stocks of Flow EX’s since launching their own brand rims, so I find myself looking at custom builds from various sources. CRC offer my preferred combination of components at a price which is pretty keen. And that’s before 10% off with BC membership, making them the cheapest by quite some way. But if the build is as bad as the last set, I’m likely to spend that saving putting them right.

Anyone with recent experience?

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah WTB Frequency on Pro II Evo May-ish last year they’ve been perfect

Lots of tension they’re ping-tastic. Even the logos on the hubs line up with the rim logos. Very competitive price as well

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mavic 719 on pro 2 hubs 2009 or 10.. Bullet proof build, better than my flow ex on pro 2 evos that I got summer 2014…which were built by hope. While they’ve not let me down, the are a bit flexy and spoke tension seems loose.

I’m just about to send the rear back as it keeps destroying the axle bearings.

qwerty
    Free Member

KOM on Pro2 = faultless despite beatings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CRC Custom Wheel Builds’ is closed to new replies.