CRC – bosses email anyone?

Viewing 30 posts - 281 through 310 (of 310 total)
  • CRC – bosses email anyone?
  • Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

If it was me, I would reflect, change my forum name and start again.

Edit. Or take it on the chin, learn from it and go and enjoy my bike

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Am I? Who am I hiding behind?

In truth, I thought jungle had just replied, as I had had just clicked back off the spokes thread and hadn’t realised I was still in OPs posting history, realised too late for an edit and get it looks childish now.

You enjoy forum lynchings and seem to revel in getting stuck in when you think the weight of forumite opinion is on your side.

tpbiker

I think ray must have missed the bit where the op told tomhoward to f off within about 6 posts of the thread starting..then started throwing around insults to all that pointed out he was being unreasonable.

That would of got my back up as well if I’m honest.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

You enjoy forum lynchings and seem to revel in getting stuck in when you think the weight of forumite opinion is on your side.

And the 7 previous pages is all me is it? Do me a favour, check to see the first few responses, started out at light hearted ribbing, from all. OP then starts getting a bit of a mard on. Do you take kindly to being told to **** off?

Merely responding in kind, you reap what you sow. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off of my first ride in 5 months. Have a nice evening.

Do you take kindly to being told to **** off?

I don’t mind it, it:s why I don’t mind TJs more robust responses to me. They usually make me laugh and I can brush it off and banter in the next thread. Most of the thread was ligght hearted banter in response to the OP waking up on the wrong side of bed. What I can’t abide though are people who go out of their way in an attempt to bully others, especially relatively new members or inexperienced posters.

damascus

Just when you think a thread is about to end it keeps on giving. It’s a good job I still have some biscuits left.

The op may have had some bad luck previously but this was OTT and he made it worse by losing his cool straight away and using swearing.

I hope his fork problem wasn’t user error. If it was, you might want to give his bike a once over before he “goes on holiday”

dannyh

If it was me, I would reflect, change my forum name and start again.

Edit. Or take it on the chin, learn from it and go and enjoy my bike

This +1.

But I do like how the thread has flipped effortlessly into a slanging match between two old enemies, a bit like when the plot slowed down on Dallas, they’d always go to a JR Ewing vs Digger Barnes storyline.

Lovely stuff.

And glad the OP got sorted and didn’t have a cardiac arrest. Maybe time for some reflection……?

Premier Icon slackalice
    Subscriber

… And for the OP to seek out some stress/anger management therapy. Seriously.

Very entertaining however, even with the latest axe grinding plot twist.

I’m in the cables and hoses too short camp, apart from that, a solid effort to get the bike put together.

cyclelife

Tom Howard

Do you consider your 3 posts on page 1 of the thread to be helpful or perhaps sarcastic and unhelpful? I stand by my original description of you🖕

Just been for a ride, shortened the chain a little, thanks Tracey the cables and my hose are long enough🤔 to allow full bar spin, so all good to go.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

You have entertained us well. Go forth and have a relaxing holiday 🙂

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

My ride was great thanks, knackered now though.

RBW. OP has been on here longer than I have, as have you iirc, I forget due to your name change (s?).

CL. How many of the responses on the first page were genuinely helpful? I think one person in this whole saga has given you a genuine email address. Yes my posts were sarcastic (toughen up princess) but they illustrated the same point everyone else was making. Emailing the ceo’s supposed address doesn’t get you though to the boss, especially when using the tone you were here. That and you were ranting, raving and swearing about a problem that hadn’t yet happened which I, and I think most people, think is deserving of ridicule. Had you ordered it months ago, and you were being given the runaround, I’d have been on your side (see the sick threads, I get called out for sticking the boot into sick for mugging people off, ho hum). What I’m struggling with is that you latched on to me from the outset, when others were making the same joke, asking the same questions? Or are we back to ‘its not what you said, it’s the way you said it’ thing? Have I offended you before? Or do you just stalk my posts look for something to be offended by, like ol’ RBW up there?

As I said before, enjoy your holiday.

georgesdad

Well that’s 20 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. On the plus side, it was more entertaining than the TV. Glad the bike got built! Happy Easter riding everyone!

Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

OP in the wrong.
    The end.

coomber
    Subscriber

The nukeproofs all look sorted these days. It’s a great understated finish in grey.

Premier Icon johnjn2000
    Subscriber

That was ace, thanks everyone. Was wondering how to fill half an hour this evening and that was just dandy. And best of all, everyone lives happily ever after.

oreetmon

Cyclelife trolled,

Cyclelife got a result from a certain type of forum user.

Brilliant

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Now that is a nice bike…

dannyh

Bike looks ace.

If you trim back that Aubretia it will flower in more compact way and look less leggy, though.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

It’s a great understated finish in grey.

It’s ‘meh’ to me. I just don’t get the shiny battleship grey thing.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

I was about to type the same. Grey is the colour you paint the inside of a prison in order to make prisoners feel sad about their life choices. That bike looks like an airfix model that needs painting.

coomber
    Subscriber

Sort of agree but looks right on this and the scout. It’s quite a shiny finish.

I have bad taste as well.

OP was stressed.

Maybe about nothing and maybe he should of ordered earlier or 24 hrs delivery etc. Just call CRC – they are very nice and sort out issues quickly too.

Yet many of you all enjoyed winding him up like a pack of girly bullies as none of you screwed up ever.

I ordered some forks, hoping for Thursday but told not I stock, I’ll wait and ride another bike.

You learn the hard way, we all **** up and learn.

There are people struggling for food…

I’m glad the OP got their bike built considering all the crap they’ve had over the last few months.

Karma bullies, karma.

Big-Bud

Ive learnt to accept that some people live in a bubble .a unrealistic bubble.
    My dad is just like the op.its a bloody nightmare .
    Anyhow no one’s died and it’s a great bike.i have one.
    It’s one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden .
    Downsides are
    Mine was a 2018 model that was one of the early batches that the factory in Taiwan used the wrong loctite on the frame pivot bolts.
    As the std frame bearings failed so quickly this problem soon came to light so keep that CEO email handy 😉
    The 2 blind bearings in The chainstay are a pig.
    The flanged bearings in the rocker are the first to go .I got some enduro black oxide bearing kits from kinetic bearings for £35 and was the best investment i did .
    I drilled out the seized pivot bolts and received money back from crc as I was oversees racing at the time and had to sort it myself and luckily team factory giant managed to source me some pivot bolts to fit .
    The lower shock bush doesn’t last long so get a bounce suspension stainless upgrade .
    Then the paint .cough near it it will chip so invisframe it pronto.
    Enjoy

Premier Icon sl2000
    Subscriber

Blackflag called it correctly on page 3 for me:

Cyclelife is winning me round by still responding to this thread. Many lesser members would have flounced off ages ago.

Chapeau OP for posting the built bike pics.

philxx1975

And the 7 previous pages is all me is it? Do me a favour, check to see the first few responses, started out at light hearted ribbing, from all

Second post in you were trying yet again to belittle someone on the internet.

I will just leave this for you to digest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Hmmm….

This forum has a lot to like about it. I spend way too much time on here but what the hell, it’s a great forum.

There are some threads that can be a little unpleasant to read though.

Personally and with no malice implied (genuinely) I think there are a few that might want to step back from this thread and get a little bit of perspective.

However, what do I know? I’m a complete cluster funt of imperfection and don’t have much right to lecture anyone.

OP, love the bike mate. A proper MIG fighter of a bike. Glad it all came good in the end and as someone said, no-one died, no harm done.👍

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

I will just leave this for you to digest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

Nice to meet you pot, but why do you think my name is kettle?

(For those that don’t know, this is another axe grinding post from someone that agrees with me, on another subject, but seemingly wants to have a go at me for agreeing with him)

(He doesn’t post on here though, as he openly despises everyone on, or associated with, STW. Particularly me, apparently)

Viewing 30 posts - 281 through 310 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘CRC – bosses email anyone?’ is closed to new replies.